Why is my thread locked? #2

• Thread starter pmb_phy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the frustration of the poster in not receiving a response from moderators when sending PMs. They feel that the reasons for locking threads are not always clear and that moderators should be more transparent and responsive in their actions. The poster also questions how they are supposed to know what is acceptable to post if they do not receive a response from moderators.
pmb_phy
The reasons a thread is locked aren't always justifiable or obvious. The reason I posed this rather than PMd it is because it is very rare for me to get a repsonse from a moderator when I send them a PM. For instance; the thread on uncertainty was locked the other day by ZapperZ. I had PMd him a question concerning why and asked if I could discuss the same matter in the other thread on the same topic. I got no response whatsoever.

If you moderators want us to PM you then you shouldn't ignore the PMs and not respond. You need to take responsibility for your actions and not be shy about explaining your justification. How else are we supposed to determine what not post in order for a thread not to be locked?

Pete

Physics news on Phys.org
This can be discussed via PM.

1. Why was my thread locked?

Your thread may have been locked due to violating the forum's rules and regulations. This could include inappropriate content, spamming, or engaging in heated arguments.

2. Can I request for my thread to be unlocked?

Yes, you can request for your thread to be unlocked by reaching out to a moderator or administrator. However, they have the final decision on whether or not to unlock the thread.

3. Will my thread ever be unlocked automatically?

No, threads are not unlocked automatically. It requires a moderator or administrator to manually unlock the thread.

4. How long will my thread be locked for?

The length of the thread lock will depend on the severity of the violation. It could be a temporary lock or a permanent one.

5. Can I still view a locked thread?

Yes, you can still view a locked thread, but you will not be able to reply to it. This is to prevent any further violations and maintain the integrity of the forum.