Eprint identifier show up in my bbliography entries

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, to make the eprint identifier show up in your bibliography entries, you can place the .bst files from the link provided anywhere in your latex path. If you are unsure of the location, you can search for other .bst files on your system and place them there. However, some users may have different paths. Additionally, if the "title" field is not appearing in your pdf document after adding it to your .bib file, you may need to check for any errors in your code or consult with other users for troubleshooting.
ehrenfest
http://arxiv.org/hypertex/bibstyles/

I want to make the eprint identifier show up in my bbliography entries. Where do I put the .bst files shown at the link above?

Physics news on Phys.org

Anywhere in your latex path. If you don't know what that means, just search your file system for other .bst files and put them there. On my machine this would be /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/bibtex/bst/ or /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/bibtex/bst/. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Thanks. Now, I can get the eprint field to appear but now for some reason the "title" field is not appearing in my pdf document even though I type it into the .bib file. How can I change that?

1. What is an Eprint identifier?

An Eprint identifier is a unique code assigned to a specific version of a scientific paper that has been uploaded to an online repository or archive. This code allows the paper to be easily identified and located online.

2. How do I find the Eprint identifier for a paper?

The Eprint identifier can usually be found on the first page of the paper or in the citation information. It may also be listed on the paper's webpage on the archive or repository where it was uploaded.

3. Why is the Eprint identifier important?

The Eprint identifier is important because it allows for easy and accurate tracking of a paper's version and location. This is especially useful for citing and referencing the paper in other research.

4. Can an Eprint identifier change?

No, an Eprint identifier is a unique code that remains the same for a specific version of a paper. However, if the paper is updated or a new version is uploaded to the archive, a new Eprint identifier will be assigned to the new version.

5. How do I properly format an Eprint identifier in a bibliography?

The format for an Eprint identifier may vary depending on the citation style being used. In general, it is recommended to include the full URL for the paper's webpage on the archive or repository, along with the Eprint identifier in parentheses, at the end of the citation. For example: Smith, J. (2020). "The Effects of Climate Change" (Eprint 12345). Retrieved from https://www.examplearchive.com/smith12345