What fraction of a centimeter equals 1.0 micrometers

• Thread starter afcwestwarrior
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fraction
In summary, to convert from centimeters to micrometers, you can use the formula 1 centimeter = 10,000 micrometers. The relationship between these two units is that they are both units of length measurement, with 1 centimeter being equal to 0.0001 meters and 1 micrometer being equal to 0.000001 meters. This means that 1 centimeter is equal to 10,000 micrometers. To measure a fraction of a centimeter in micrometers, you can use the formula 1 centimeter = 10,000 micrometers, and to convert from micrometers to centimeters, you can use the formula 1 micrometer = 0.
afcwestwarrior

Homework Statement

what fraction of a centimeter equals 1.0 micrometers

Homework Equations

prefix for SI units

The Attempt at a Solution

here's what i did,
centi c 10^-2
milli m 10^-3
micro u 10^-6

i started from centi and moved down twice and moved my decimal two more spots to the left and got 10^-4, is that the right way to do it

Physics news on Phys.org
Correct

?

Yes, that is the correct way to convert from centimeters to micrometers. 1 centimeter is equal to 10^-4 micrometers. This means that there are 10,000 micrometers in 1 centimeter. This conversion is important in science and engineering, especially when working with small measurements such as in microscopy or nanotechnology. It is important to understand the prefixes used in the International System of Units (SI) and how to convert between them accurately. Great job on your conversion!

1. How do I convert centimeters to micrometers?

To convert from centimeters to micrometers, you can use the formula: 1 centimeter = 10,000 micrometers. This means that 1 centimeter is equal to 10,000 micrometers.

2. What is the relationship between centimeters and micrometers?

Centimeters and micrometers are both units of length measurement. One centimeter is equal to 0.0001 meters, while one micrometer is equal to 0.000001 meters. This means that 1 centimeter is equal to 10,000 micrometers.

3. How many micrometers are in 1 centimeter?

There are 10,000 micrometers in 1 centimeter. This is because 1 centimeter is equal to 10,000 micrometers.

4. How can I measure a fraction of a centimeter in micrometers?

To measure a fraction of a centimeter in micrometers, you can use the formula: 1 centimeter = 10,000 micrometers. For example, if you want to measure 0.5 centimeters in micrometers, you would multiply 0.5 by 10,000 to get 5,000 micrometers.

5. How do I convert micrometers to centimeters?

To convert from micrometers to centimeters, you can use the formula: 1 micrometer = 0.0001 centimeters. This means that 1 micrometer is equal to 0.0001 centimeters.