Want to know of any easy physics book for beginners

In summary, the individual is a 9th grader interested in physics and looking for an affordable and easy to comprehend book on the subject. The conversation recommends "Six Easy Pieces" by Richard Feynman, "Understanding Physics" by Isaac Asimov, and "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Paul A. Tipler as potential options. It is also suggested to learn single-variable calculus before delving into physics for a better understanding.
brandontod97
im in 9th grade going into tenth and i have read very briefly of some physics and have found it to be very interesting. i want to find an easy to comprehend physics book that in not going to break the bank.

Physics news on Phys.org
"Thinking Physics" by Lewis Carroll Epstein

You can't go wrong with Richard Feynman's "Six Easy Pieces": https://www.amazon.com/dp/0465023924/?tag=pfamazon01-20 You can find this book in most bookstores like "Barnes and Noble".

Possibly the most famous physics lecturer of all time. You should get acquainted with Richard Feynman as soon as possible, he has changed many lives and is one of the most famous figures in physics (of course you will only be able to experience his writing/lectures/youtube videos/etc. He died in 1988.) I encourage you to youtube him if you're not sold. Here is just a sample:

Sorry for my indoctrination heh.. You won't be sorry ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt

Well I'm in year 10, I really recommend learning at least single-variable calculus before starting physics, so you understand where the physics equations you're using come from and you will be able to apply them better, and you will be much further ahead than people a few years ahead of you. Any Calculus textbook is good, since they've taken many years to perfect them, since most people suck at it :>

After learning single-variable calculus buy "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" By Paul. A. Tipler - It's a very good book for studying physics, it's pretty much a first year undergraduate physics textbook but is really good for people who know at least single-variable calculus. I finished it a while ago, so have a crack at it. This is a lot of work, so hopefully you're dedicated.

If not and you just want to read about it, buy "Understanding Physics" by Isaac Asimov, it's such a good book and it's good for people around your age. Good luck my fellow scientist!

1. What is the best book for beginners to learn physics?

There are several great options for beginners when it comes to learning physics. Some popular choices include "Conceptual Physics" by Paul G. Hewitt, "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Douglas C. Giancoli, and "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick. It ultimately depends on your personal learning style and which book resonates with you the most.

2. Is there an easy physics book for non-science majors?

Yes, there are many physics books geared towards non-science majors that provide a basic understanding of key concepts and principles. Some examples include "Physics for Future Presidents" by Richard A. Muller and "The Physics of Everyday Phenomena" by W. Thomas Griffith and Juliet Brosing.

3. Are there any online resources for learning physics?

Yes, there are plenty of online resources for learning physics, including websites, videos, and interactive simulations. Some popular options include Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and PhET Interactive Simulations.

4. Can you recommend a physics book that is not too technical?

If you are looking for a physics book that is less technical and more conceptual, "Six Easy Pieces" by Richard Feynman and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking are excellent choices. These books use everyday language and real-life examples to explain complex physics concepts.

5. Are there any physics books for children?

Yes, there are many physics books designed specifically for children, which use simple language and engaging illustrations to introduce basic concepts. Some popular titles include "The Magic School Bus: Lost in the Solar System" by Joanna Cole and "Newton and Me" by Lynne Mayer.