Solve the Mystery of an Old DOS Game

• Thread starter fluidistic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dos Game
In summary, the conversation was about a person looking for the name of a DOS game they used to play in the early 1990s. The game involved searching for treasure underwater while avoiding obstacles and creatures. The game was possibly called Sea Rogue and could be found on the DOS Games Archive website or through an eBay listing.
fluidistic
Gold Member
Hi guys!
When I was about 6-7 years old (around 1993-1994), I used to play to some DOS games in my aunt's house. I've sucessfully recovered the names of some of them (like the sleepwalker) but I'm stuck at finding the name of one of them that I liked.
All I remember is that at start we are on a boat and the goal is to find a threasure underwater. We had 3 lives. We could lose a life by some shark and probably other creatures in the ocean and maybe by lack of oxygen.
The view was: at top of the screen was the separation between air and water and the further toward the bottom of the screen, the deeper into the ocean.
We could go left and right and then the whole screen would change in a similar way than in Prince of Persia game (DOS) and also probably if we went deep into the ocean too but I'm not 100% sure.
Does this sound familiar to any of you?
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
You might find it here if we can't guess it.

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/

but I did find this ebay reference to Sea Rogue:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-SEA-ROGUE-SUNKEN-TREASURE-GAME-DOS-PC-BOX-MANUAL-/190507052974?item=190507052974&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=maP9OdMmOBOxTgVOPO96QSslaDs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

jedishrfu said:
You might find it here if we can't guess it.

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/

but I did find this ebay reference to Sea Rogue:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-SEA-ROGUE-SUNKEN-TREASURE-GAME-DOS-PC-BOX-MANUAL-/190507052974?item=190507052974&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=maP9OdMmOBOxTgVOPO96QSslaDs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thank you very much. After reading the description, it definitely looks like it was the game I was looking for. Too bad there's no video of it on youtube though!

1. What is an old DOS game?

An old DOS game refers to a video game that was designed to run on computers using the MS-DOS operating system. These games were popular in the 1980s and 1990s and were played using keyboard commands.

2. Why would someone want to solve the mystery of an old DOS game?

There are a few reasons why someone may want to solve the mystery of an old DOS game. It could be for nostalgia, to relive the gaming experience from their childhood. It could also be for historical or research purposes, to understand the evolution of video games.

3. How can I find an old DOS game to solve its mystery?

There are a few ways to find an old DOS game. You can search online for websites that offer downloads of old DOS games. You can also check online marketplaces for physical copies of the game. Another option is to visit vintage game stores or conventions.

4. What are some common methods for solving the mystery of an old DOS game?

One common method is to research the game's history, development, and creators. This can provide insight into the game's storyline and mechanics. Another method is to play the game and take notes, paying attention to any clues or hidden features. Collaborating with other gamers or experts can also help in solving the mystery.

5. Are there any challenges to solving the mystery of an old DOS game?

Yes, there can be challenges in solving the mystery of an old DOS game. The game may be incomplete or corrupted, making it difficult to play or understand. The creators or developers may no longer be available to provide information. Additionally, there may be limited resources or information available about the game, making the mystery harder to solve.