How much time do you spend here?

• Thread starter EL
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, Danger spends about 4.5 hours a day on PF, and Moonbear spends about 8 hours a day on PF.

On average, how much time do you spend here each day?

• Total voters
EL
Science Advisor
On average, how much time do you spend on PF per day?

Physics news on Phys.org
...enough...

I used to spend 20 hours a week or more, basically any time i was at my computer, i was posting to PF. And any time I was in my room I was at my computer. It added up.

Not so much anymore though.

at least uummm an hour..okay, 2. ...3! you have it! OKAY OKAY! about 4 1/2 hours a day! :cry:

Too much. :uhh: Errr, um...not nearly enough! :biggrin:

I clicked the 4-8 hours button, but some explanation is in order. The first thing that I do when I get up is log on and check for messages or new posts that require a response. As long as I'm in the house, and awake, I'm logged on here even if I happen to go watch TV or cruise around the net looking for stuff. When I go to sleep or out of the house, I log off. It therefore would be more appropriate to say that my computer is here 4-8 hours a day. I visit it from time to time to see what's up. Of course, once I get into it with Artman or Moonbear or the rest of 'my crowd', I might sit for 5 hours at a stretch trying to keep up to them. Unfortunately, they choose to do this at about 2 in the morning.

Who else has PF as their default home page?

Loren Booda said:
Who else has PF as their default home page?

I use the Mozilla Firefox browser (If you aren't all using this yet - why not?) and always have PF open in one of the tabs when I'm online.

Like Danger says, my PC is on line all the time its on, so I might appear to be online all day too!

Hard to give an average time for this site. When my life is hectic (ie last September until April!) I only could only afford fleating visits. It is though a wonderful site and the amount of Physics I have learned from this visiting is amazing.

Danger said:
I clicked the 4-8 hours button, but some explanation is in order. The first thing that I do when I get up is log on and check for messages or new posts that require a response. As long as I'm in the house, and awake, I'm logged on here even if I happen to go watch TV or cruise around the net looking for stuff. When I go to sleep or out of the house, I log off. It therefore would be more appropriate to say that my computer is here 4-8 hours a day. I visit it from time to time to see what's up. Of course, once I get into it with Artman or Moonbear or the rest of 'my crowd', I might sit for 5 hours at a stretch trying to keep up to them. Unfortunately, they choose to do this at about 2 in the morning.
Now that its summer, I have plenty of time, too much. Ditto most of Danger's reasons.

Danger said:

aha! sucker

move to Europe and you'll be just fine with us :biggrin:

1. How do you track the amount of time you spend in the lab?

As a scientist, I use a variety of methods to track my time in the lab. This may include keeping a logbook, using a timer, or using software programs specifically designed for time tracking.

2. How much time do you typically spend in the lab per day?

The amount of time I spend in the lab varies depending on the experiments I am conducting. On average, I spend 8-10 hours per day in the lab, but this can change depending on the demands of my research.

3. Do you have a set schedule for when you are in the lab?

As a scientist, my schedule can be quite unpredictable. While I do have certain experiments or tasks that need to be completed on specific days, I often have to be flexible and work outside of a set schedule to accommodate unexpected results or changes in my research.

4. How much time do you spend in the lab compared to other tasks, such as writing or analyzing data?

The amount of time I spend in the lab compared to other tasks varies depending on the stage of my research. In the initial stages, I may spend more time in the lab conducting experiments, but as my research progresses, I may spend more time analyzing data and writing up my results.

5. How do you balance your time between the lab and other responsibilities?

Balancing my time between the lab and other responsibilities, such as teaching or attending meetings, can be challenging. I prioritize my tasks and try to plan my schedule in advance to ensure that I am able to fulfill all of my responsibilities effectively.