Should this be interpreteted as black warning signs ?

• News
  • Thread starter kleinwolf
  • Start date
In summary: The reason for the dam is for energy and control of flooding. They're not hiding anything, they're just doing something else with the power. China is already making plenty of Pu-239, so they don't need to get extra heavy water. And the US corporations would love to get a piece of the action, but they don't need it right now.
kleinwolf
Don't you find strange and weird that almost far east regions are building the probably biggest dam of the world for energy, and that we know from the media that nuclear materials are in someway transitting in the east but not so clearly..(are we afraid of Tchernobyl again ?)...if there are such water energy source..for which goal could it be used : eventually purified radiocative materials in the nature and heavy water from oceans...(years for secret work is point out the nose in a few year ??, or is this just paranoia shared with nobody (maybe only completely mind blowed military chiefs...)

Physics news on Phys.org
sorry, but I haven't got a clue what you were talking about...

Me neither, but I can, at least, answer one question: yes, you are paranoid.

I think he is suggesting that nuclear material is being harvested somehow from a water/dam project. In short, the east has discovered a way to collect and use nuclear energy directly from nature.

That's all I got out of it.

Dooga Blackrazor said:
In short, the east has discovered a way to collect and use nuclear energy directly from nature.
That's all I got out of it.
What is this "east" ? Do those strange, mystical lands in that corner of the globe all share their nuclear secrets ?

kleinwolf said:
Don't you find strange and weird that almost far east regions are building the probably biggest dam of the world for energy, and that we know from the media that nuclear materials are in someway transitting in the east but not so clearly..(are we afraid of Tchernobyl again ?)...if there are such water energy source..for which goal could it be used : eventually purified radiocative materials in the nature and heavy water from oceans...(years for secret work is point out the nose in a few year ??, or is this just paranoia shared with nobody (maybe only completely mind blowed military chiefs...)

It sounds like you are referring to the Three Gorges Damn in China. If that be the case, they need the power for their economy.

China is also looking at building about 30-40 PWR nuclear power plants (each about 1000 MW).
The National Development and Reform Commission has worked out a long-term plan for nuclear power development: by 2004 China's nuclear power installed capacity will reach 36 million-kilowatts.
http://english.people.com.cn/200401/07/eng20040107_132027.shtml
http://english.people.com.cn/200210/24/eng20021024_105574.shtml
Nuclear Power in China - October 2005 - http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf63.htm

And US corporations would love to get a piece of the action.

As for heavy water from the oceans - that is unnecessary at the moment. Maybe in the long term, China, and every other country in need of energy may be interested in deuterium extraction from seawater - assuming fusion is ever developed.

As for fissile materials, China is likely making sufficient Pu-239 for the nuclear warheads already, and they already have a supply. No surprise there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201 said:
What is this "east" ? Do those strange, mystical lands in that corner of the globe all share their nuclear secrets ?

I was trying to explain what I thought he was saying. I don't agree with him.

I didn't mean to imply you did. I sould have quoted the OP instead. Sorry.

Uhhh something about tobacco?

Yes, you're right...I wonder why a country should build a big dam, when it's known that hydropower more expansive than nuclear power is...so I made the fallacious deduction, that they were hiding nuclear material not for nuclear plants, but for bombs...because else they would have built nuclear plants instead of a dam..(more expansive is in fact not regarding waste, at least I suppose, because it's an other price to pay...)

The construction of the dams has been discussed since the establishment of the PRC in 1949, both the USSR and USA experts have reviewed the sites at some point and opined on them. It is both for energy and control of flooding that the project is necessary. What is all this paranoia about?:grumpy:

Paranoia is at the basis of every economically well based state. It is the basis of military way of thinking applied to other fields : economy (don't let the other get money power, don't get tricked out by the other)...or every combat (prepare your round, aso...)...It's the most normal behaviour...: even couples are based on this : how do you use your money, what did you do yesterday (infidelity paranoia)...

Nothing is more healthy than paranoia...we don't say "all for one, one for all", more connected to reality is "everyone against everybody"...this is politically correct, for sure...100%

:biggrin: Paranoia - a state of fear and apprehension for no reasonable cause.

Fearing for your banking system and salted fish perhaps?:biggrin:

No in my country only the bill is salted (for info) If you want more info : especially towards US Lawyers...concerning some "dorming" accounts (not for the banks...)

1. What do black warning signs typically mean?

Black warning signs typically indicate a potential danger or hazard that should be taken seriously. These signs are often used to alert people to proceed with caution or to take necessary safety precautions.

2. How do I know if a black warning sign is relevant to me?

If you come across a black warning sign, it is important to read it carefully and assess the situation. These signs are usually placed in areas where there is a specific danger or risk, so it is important to pay attention and follow any instructions or warnings.

3. Can black warning signs have different meanings in different countries?

Yes, black warning signs can have different meanings in different countries. It is important to familiarize yourself with local warning signs and their meanings when traveling to a new place to ensure your safety.

4. What should I do if I see a black warning sign?

If you see a black warning sign, it is important to take it seriously and follow any instructions or warnings. If the sign indicates a potential danger, take necessary safety precautions or avoid the area altogether.

5. Who is responsible for putting up black warning signs?

The responsibility for putting up black warning signs typically falls on the organization or authority in charge of the area where the potential danger exists. This could be a government agency, private company, or property owner.