Sample Design Documentation

• Thread starter Ian_Brooks
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Design
In summary, the conversation was about finding good sources of existing design documentation for electronic/embedded design. The person was looking for examples to use as a guideline in creating their own design report. They were unable to share their own materials due to proprietary ownership, but listed the types of documentation that would go into product documentation such as a functional specification document, theory of operation document, and various design documentation for specific components.
Ian_Brooks
Can someone direct me to good sources of existing design documentation? Hopefully in electronic/embedded design - I just need to use them as a guideline and see what standards I have to meet when tailoring my design report.

Thanks,

Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not able to send you any of my stuff as examples (proprietary materials owned by the company I work for), but here is a list of some of the kinds of things that will go into product documentation, depending on the product of course:

** Functional Specification Document

** Theory of Operation Document

** Schematic, Bill of Materials, PCB Layout documentation

** CPLD/FPGA design documentation (source code, pin definition file, programming file, programming instructions document)

** Documentation of any custom or unique parts used in the design (like transformers, etc.)

let's see, what else?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. There are several good sources for existing design documentation that you can use as a guideline for your own design report. Here are a few suggestions:

1. IEEE Xplore: This is a digital library that provides access to technical literature in engineering and technology. They have a wide range of design documentation for electronic and embedded systems that you can use as a reference.

2. Design News: This is a website that offers a variety of design resources, including white papers, webinars, and case studies. They also have a section specifically for electronic and embedded design.

3. Design World: This is another online resource for design engineers, with a section dedicated to electronic and embedded systems. They offer articles, videos, and white papers that can serve as a reference for your design report.

4. Embedded.com: This is a community website for embedded systems designers, with a wealth of information on design techniques, tools, and processes. They also have a section for design documents and templates that you can use as a guideline.

I hope these sources will be helpful to you in tailoring your design report. Best of luck with your project!

1. What is sample design documentation?

Sample design documentation is a written document that outlines the plan for collecting and analyzing data in a research study. It includes details such as the sample size, sampling method, data collection tools, and statistical techniques to be used.

2. Why is sample design documentation important?

Sample design documentation is important because it ensures that the data collected is representative of the population being studied. It also helps to prevent bias and errors in the data collection process.

3. How do you determine the sample size in sample design documentation?

The sample size is determined by considering factors such as the desired level of precision, the variability in the population, and the research objectives. Statistical calculations, such as power analysis, can also be used to determine the appropriate sample size.

4. What are the different sampling methods used in sample design documentation?

There are various sampling methods that can be used in sample design documentation, including random sampling, stratified sampling, cluster sampling, and convenience sampling. The choice of sampling method depends on the research objectives, population characteristics, and available resources.

5. How do you ensure the validity and reliability of sample design documentation?

To ensure validity and reliability, sample design documentation should be carefully planned and reviewed by multiple researchers. It should also be based on established research methods and use appropriate data collection tools. Additionally, conducting a pilot study can help identify any potential issues with the sample design before beginning the actual data collection.