How can my blog posts become visible?

• Thread starter lugita15
  • Start date
In summary, blog posts need admin approval in order to be seen by the rest of the forum, as they are a different type of post.
lugita15
I just posted my first entry to my PhysicsForums blog. But it looks like it's not visible to others, because it needs "approval". How do I get my post approved?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Greg! For future reference, do I need to get each blog post I make approved?

And I encourage everyone to read my blog post here, if you want to learn about Bell's theorem.

A few years back we had trouble with blog spam and the only option left was to moderate all entries. I'll try to do a better job of accepting them. thanks!

I'm curious, what distinguishes blog posts and other forum posts from a moderation point of view? Is it that the blogs are less trafficked, so spam would naturally go undetected for longer?

lugita15 said:
I'm curious, what distinguishes blog posts and other forum posts from a moderation point of view?
Doesn't look like any difference.

Posting Guidelines to discuss, in the PF forums or in blogs, new or non-mainstream theories or ideas that have not been published in professional peer-reviewed journals or are not part of current professional mainstream scientific discussion.

Rules

lugita15 said:
I'm curious, what distinguishes blog posts and other forum posts from a moderation point of view? Is it that the blogs are less trafficked, so spam would naturally go undetected for longer?
Spam is usually caught right away.

Blogs are mainly for posting thoughts that aren't really meant for discussion in the forum. It can be about what's happening in your life. It can be items you are interested in. It's your personal journal.

Last edited:
So why is it necessary for blog entries to go through admin approval when regular posts don't? I have no idea how often blog entries are posted by the membership of the forums, but seems like a lot for work for admins to have to manually approve each one of them.

Gokul43201 said:
So why is it necessary for blog entries to go through admin approval when regular posts don't? I have no idea how often blog entries are posted by the membership of the forums, but seems like a lot for work for admins to have to manually approve each one of them.
It happens to new blog users.

dlgoff said:
Doesn't look like any difference.

Rules
Obviously the rules still apply. I was wondering why it's necessary to treat blog posts differently moderation-wise.

lugita15 said:
Obviously the rules still apply. I was wondering why it's necessary to treat blog posts differently moderation-wise.
We don't, Forum posts for new posters quite often go into moderation.

Last edited:
lugita15 said:
Forum software is such that it's more cumbersome to moderate the blogs. We do notice the spam eventually and delete it -- if it's immediately visible then more spammers are attracted to post there.

Gokul43201 said:
It was a lot of work to delete spam posted in the blogs every few minutes, which happened back a couple of years ago when some spammers took advantage of this loophole of easily posting spam in blogs of vBulletin-based forums. If a spammer has spammed many other vBulletin forums, they are prevented from making a regular post but not prevented from blogging.

Another advantage is that members who like to check out the blogs don't have to sift through the spam, or posting of homework and other questions that really should get asked by a regular forum post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response Red. Mostly, I was checking that a potentially cumbersome and inefficient approval method wasn't being used for possibly archaic reasons.

1. How can I increase the visibility of my blog posts?

To increase the visibility of your blog posts, you can utilize search engine optimization (SEO) techniques such as using relevant keywords, creating quality content, and optimizing your blog post titles and meta descriptions.

2. How often should I post on my blog to increase visibility?

The frequency of your blog posts can impact its visibility. It is recommended to post consistently, whether it's daily, weekly, or monthly. However, the most important factor is to prioritize quality over quantity.

3. Are social media platforms effective in increasing blog post visibility?

Yes, social media platforms can be an effective way to increase the visibility of your blog posts. By sharing your posts on social media, you can reach a wider audience and potentially attract new readers to your blog.

4. Should I use images in my blog posts to make them more visible?

Yes, using images in your blog posts can make them more visually appealing and help attract readers. Additionally, using alt tags and optimizing image sizes can also improve the SEO of your blog posts.

5. How can I promote my blog posts to reach a larger audience?

There are various ways to promote your blog posts and reach a larger audience. You can collaborate with other bloggers, guest post on other websites, participate in online communities, and utilize email marketing to promote your blog posts.