by Routaran
Tags: canals, cancer, root
Share this thread:
Routaran
Nov29-13, 01:07 PM
P: 292
I recently had a friend on facebook share this website
Edit by mentor: link deleted
it suggests there's a causal relationship between root canals and cancer. Right off the bat, given the website name, realfarmacy, i was skeptical. I tried to check their sources and did a few searches on google and they all seem to come back to one place, Dr. Mercola
Edit: crackpot link deleted
The sources are listed on the bottom of the page. There was only 1 source that explicitly mentioned cancer but it was blocked by our corporate firewall and flagged malicious. The other sources had to do with raw food diets and bacteria in a person's mouth.

I went to pubmed and did a search there for root canal cancer but I didn't see anything relevant (I am a computer programmer so take that with a pinch of salt)

Is there any evidence to support this claim outside of what Mercola says?

Thanks,
Routaran
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Time of arrival at hospital impacts time to treatment and survival of heart attack patients
Informal child care significantly impacts rural economies, study finds
Generation of tanners see spike in deadly melanoma
Evo
Nov29-13, 03:07 PM
Mentor
P: 26,474
It's crackpottery.

http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/mercola.html

FDA Orders Dr. Joseph Mercola to Stop Illegal Claims

Many of Mercola's articles make unsubstantiated claims and clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations. For example, he opposes immunization [4] fluoridation [5], mammography [6], and the routine administration of vitamin K shots to the newborn [7]; claims that amalgam fillings are toxic [8]; and makes many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements. Mercola's reach has been greatly boosted by repeated promotion on the "Dr. Oz Show."

Register to reply