Original Star Wars DVD - New Hope & Empire

In summary, anyone going to buy it?I mean, it's the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL CUT ON DVD!i already got a new hope, and i mean to have empire by saturday.I prolly won't buy it, but I will watch my sons copy:rofl:This is a poor quality rip-off at best. It's Lucas' attempt to get the fans off his back about releasing the versions he wishes he never made. By releasing this laserdisc copy onto DVD, he can say he's given us what we want and point out that nobody bought it, when what we wanted in the first place was the original movies in the same quality and aspect ratio we
Pre-AlgebraDude
anyone going to buy it? i mean, it's the ORIGINAL THEATRICAL CUT ON DVD! i already got a new hope, and i mean to have empire by saturday.

anyone?

Likes James Holland
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm still holding out for the box set of all six episodes...they have to do it eventually!

I prolly won't buy it, but I will watch my sons copy:rofl:

Likes James Holland
This is a poor quality rip-off at best. It's Lucas' attempt to get the fans off his back about releasing the versions he wishes he never made. By releasing this laserdisc copy onto DVD, he can say he's given us what we want and point out that nobody bought it, when what we wanted in the first place was the original movies in the same quality and aspect ratio we've seen them in before. Which this most certainly is not.

...Sorry, you should never mention this topic in front of Star Wars fans. ;)

Likes James Holland
Moonbear said:
I'm still holding out for the box set of all six episodes...they have to do it eventually!
now why would you want episodes I II and III? they were awful

I'm waiting for a fixed version of Episode 3.

In Episode 6, just after Obi-Wan tells Luke he has a twin sister, Luke figures out it's Leah, and a bit later, asks Leah if she remember her "real" mother. Leah responds "yes but she died when I was young". To fix Episode 3, instead of changing the time line and killing off Padme, they should come up with a good reason for why Padme chooses to go with Leah and not Luke when they split up the twins just after birth (not too difficult, as Luke will be with relatives, his uncle).

Then again, one of the worst parts of Espisode 3 is when Obi-Wan states he has the "higher ground" in the battle against Darth Vader, as if this ever made a difference in any light saber fight before or after this scene.

Short time to the dark path, Annikin Skywalker decides to side with Darth SIddious during the Siddious's fight with Mace Windu, and minutes later is slicing and dicing the future Jedi pre-school kids. Lack of gore, why don't we get to see sliced and diced kids, since when do light saber "wounds" not involved severed limbs?

Why couldn't Darth Vader have sliced up Jar Jar Binx?

1. What is the difference between the "Original Star Wars DVD - New Hope & Empire" and the previous versions?

The "Original Star Wars DVD - New Hope & Empire" version has been digitally remastered and restored with updated special effects and sound quality. It also includes deleted scenes and bonus features not seen in previous versions.

2. Is this version the unaltered version of the original films?

Yes, this version is the unaltered version of the original films, meaning it does not include any of the changes or additions made in later versions.

3. Can I watch these DVDs on any DVD player?

Yes, these DVDs are compatible with all DVD players. However, the special features may not be accessible on all players.

4. Are these DVDs region-free?

Yes, these DVDs are region-free and can be played on any DVD player worldwide.

5. Will there be any future releases of the original Star Wars trilogy?

At this time, there are no plans for any further releases of the original Star Wars trilogy. However, with advancements in technology, it is possible that a future release may include even more enhanced features.