Neutral Balloon: Examining its Charge After Electron Removal

In summary, when an electron is removed from a neutral balloon, it becomes positively charged due to an imbalance in positive and negative charges. This charge is not permanent and can be changed by adding or removing electrons or other charged particles. The charge can be measured using an electroscope. It is important to examine the charge on a neutral balloon after electron removal to better understand electric charges and their interactions, and for practical applications in fields such as electrostatics and electricity generation.
NINHARDCOREFAN
You have a neutral balloon

What is its charge after 13000 electrons have been removed from it?

I know you have to use, q=ne but I don't know what to plug in for n

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by NINHARDCOREFAN
I know you have to use, q=ne but I don't know what to plug in for n
What do you think "q=ne" means?

What will be the charge for single electron.

How many electrons u have been given.

So the balloon will be deprived by how many electrons?

Never mind, I figured it out

1. How does the neutral balloon become charged after electron removal?

When an electron is removed from the neutral balloon, it creates an imbalance in the positive and negative charges within the balloon. This imbalance causes the balloon to become positively charged.

2. Is the charge on the neutral balloon permanent?

No, the charge on the neutral balloon is not permanent. It can be removed or neutralized by adding or removing electrons.

3. Can the charge on the neutral balloon be changed without removing an electron?

Yes, the charge on the neutral balloon can be altered without removing an electron by adding or removing other charged particles, such as protons or ions.

4. How can the charge on the neutral balloon be measured?

The charge on the neutral balloon can be measured using an electroscope, which detects the presence of electric charges. The greater the deflection of the electroscope, the greater the charge on the balloon.

5. Why is it important to examine the charge on a neutral balloon after electron removal?

Studying the charge on a neutral balloon after electron removal helps to understand the nature of electric charges and how they interact with each other. It also has practical applications in fields such as electrostatics and electricity generation.