Help Choose Thesis: Web 2.0 Applications & Internet Evolution

• Thread starter fizziks
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thesis
In summary, the individual is seeking help in choosing a thesis topic related to Web 2.0 applications and the evolution of the internet. They are looking for a topic with sufficient prior research but not overdone, and are interested in practical rather than theoretical ideas. They mention that the term "Web 2.0" is ill-defined and are open to exploring various angles such as computing science, sociological effects, psychology, neural networks, and mathematical modeling. They express frustration with their current Google searches.
fizziks
I need help in choosing a thesis. As of now, I'm still exploring. I want a topic that has sufficient prior work for me to write a good paper and research on but not too much as if it was overdone.

My interest is around Web 2.0 applications and its evolution of the internet. I know the area is quite broad and general but it'll be helpful if anyone can start throwing in ideas and topics so I can check them out. I'm looking for practical ideas and topics and not so much theoretical.

Again, I'm not looking for a specific topic, just some topics in this subject to explore. I'm not getting much out of google :(

Physics news on Phys.org
In what context? Computing science? Sociological effects? Psychology? Neural networks? Mathematical modeling?

Not to be overly negative here, but Web 2.0 is a buzz word. It is ill defined and can mean anything you want it to. Explaining "Web 2.0 applications and its evolution of the internet" is much the same as explaining how "Next Generation" products revolutionized the economy.

k

What is the significance of Web 2.0 applications in the evolution of the internet?

Web 2.0 applications, also known as "social media", have revolutionized the way we use the internet by allowing for user-generated content and collaboration. This has led to a more interactive and dynamic online experience, moving away from the traditional static webpages of Web 1.0. This has also paved the way for new business models and marketing strategies, making the internet a more integral part of our daily lives.

What are some examples of Web 2.0 applications?

Some popular examples of Web 2.0 applications include social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, video sharing platforms like YouTube, and collaborative platforms like Google Docs. Other examples include blogging sites, wikis, and online forums.

How has the use of Web 2.0 applications impacted internet usage?

The use of Web 2.0 applications has significantly increased internet usage, as people spend more time on social media, creating and consuming user-generated content, and engaging in online collaborations. This has also led to a shift in the way businesses and organizations use the internet for marketing, customer engagement, and communication.

What are the potential drawbacks of Web 2.0 applications?

Some potential drawbacks of Web 2.0 applications include privacy concerns, cyberbullying, and the spread of misinformation. The constant connectivity and instant gratification of these applications can also lead to addiction and a decrease in face-to-face interactions.

How can the evolution of the internet be further influenced by Web 2.0 applications?

As technology continues to advance, Web 2.0 applications will continue to play a significant role in shaping the internet. We can expect to see further integration of social media with other technologies, such as virtual reality and artificial intelligence, as well as the emergence of new platforms and features that cater to the evolving needs and preferences of users.