Can you check my work? power series representation

In summary, a power series representation is a mathematical expression that represents a function as an infinite sum of powers of a variable. It is important to check your work when using power series representations due to the potential for mistakes in calculations. This can be done by plugging in different values for the variable and comparing results, or using mathematical software or online calculators. However, power series representations are only applicable for functions that can be expressed as an infinite sum of powers of a variable, and common mistakes to look out for include forgetting terms, using the wrong center, and making errors in calculations. It is important to be careful and double check your work when using power series representations.
Jac8897
can you check my work? "power series representation"

is ok I figure it out.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Jac8897 said:

Homework Statement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/841...ter5page15.jpg

is my process and answer right?

thanks
jac8897

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

URL Is bad...

Last edited by a moderator:

NastyAccident said:
URL Is bad...

ok the url is fix

bump:smile:

1. What is a power series representation?

A power series representation is a mathematical expression that represents a function as an infinite sum of powers of a variable. It is typically written as Σan(x-c)n, where a is a constant, x is the variable, and c is the center of the series.

2. Why is it important to check my work when using power series representations?

Power series representations involve a lot of calculations and it is easy to make mistakes. Checking your work ensures that your final answer is accurate and that you have not made any errors in your calculations.

3. How do I check my work when using power series representations?

You can check your work by plugging in different values for the variable in the power series representation and comparing the results to the original function. You can also use mathematical software or online calculators to verify your answer.

4. Can I use power series representations for any function?

No, power series representations are only applicable for functions that can be expressed as an infinite sum of powers of a variable. These functions are typically continuous and differentiable.

5. What are some common mistakes to look out for when using power series representations?

Some common mistakes include forgetting to include all terms in the series, using the wrong center for the series, and making errors in the calculations. It is important to double check your work and be careful with the algebraic manipulation involved in power series representations.