What Are the Concentrations of M2 and M3 in Electrolyte Solutions?

In summary, the conversation discusses calculating concentrations in molarity and labeling compounds as strong electrolytes, weak electrolytes, or nonelectrolytes. In the first problem, 4.500 grams of CuSO4.2H2O is dissolved in 250.0 mL of water to make a solution labeled as M1. In the second problem, a student uses 10.0 mL of M1 and adds water to make a 25.00 mL solution, labeled as M2. The molarity of M2 is calculated using M1xV1=M2xV2. In the third problem, a student uses 50.00 mL of M2 and adds water to make a 75.00
rodjav305
Ok so for the first part my questions I do not understand how to start it off.

1. Calculate the concentration in molarity. 4.500 grams of CuSO4.2H2O is dissolved in water to make 250.0 mL solution. The concentration is labeled as M1.

2. A student used 10.0 ml of M1 from problem# 1 and added water to make 25.00 mL of solution M2. Calculate the molarity of M2 ( use M1xV1=M2xV2).

3. A student used 50.00 mL of M2 from problem #2 and added water to make 75.00 mL of solutionM3. Calculate the concentration of M3.

Electrolytes-
1. Label the following compounds as strong electrolytes, weak electrolytes or nonelectrolytes.

1. KNO3-?
2. MgCl2-Strong
3. AlBr3-?
4. H2SO4-Strong
5. HCl-Strong
6. HNO3-Strong
7. HF-Weak
8. CH3COOH(acetic acid)-weak
9. CH3CH2OH (ethanol)-Non-electrolytes
10. Water-weak
11. Glucose (C6H12O6)-?

2. Which compounds are ions only in aqueous solutions?

3. Which compounds are molecules only in aqueous solutions?

4. Which compounds are both molecules and ions in aqueous solutions?

Any help is appreciated and If i did some problems wrong please correct me.

Physics news on Phys.org
rodjav305 said:
If i did some problems wrong please correct me.

My eyes hurt from trying, but I can't see any problem DONE.

Sorry about that, but no worries as I managed to do the problems myself.

What is a spectrometer?

A spectrometer is a scientific instrument used to measure and analyze the properties of light, such as its intensity and wavelength. It works by separating light into its component wavelengths and then detecting and measuring them.

How does a spectrometer work?

A spectrometer works by using a prism or diffraction grating to disperse light into its component wavelengths. These wavelengths are then focused onto a detector, which measures their intensity and converts it into an electrical signal.

What are the different types of spectrometers?

There are several types of spectrometers, including optical spectrometers, mass spectrometers, and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometers. Each type uses different techniques and principles to measure and analyze light.

What are electrolytes?

Electrolytes are substances that conduct electricity when dissolved in water. They are made up of ions, which are atoms or molecules that have a positive or negative charge. Common electrolytes include sodium, potassium, and chloride.

Why are electrolytes important?

Electrolytes are important for maintaining proper hydration and fluid balance in the body. They also play a crucial role in nerve and muscle function, as well as regulating the body's pH levels. Imbalances in electrolytes can lead to health issues such as dehydration, muscle cramps, and irregular heartbeats.