How does switching programs work?

In summary, a Canadian high school student has been accepted into Queen's University for engineering but has realized their passion lies in economics/finance. They are wondering how long it would take to switch programs and the process for doing so. It may be possible to switch to economics/finance for the upcoming fall session by speaking with the admissions office at Queen's immediately. The process for switching programs depends on whether it is within the same facility or a different one. If not able to switch for the fall session, there may be an opportunity to switch for the winter session by filling out a special form at the university. It is recommended to contact the admissions office at Queen's as soon as possible in order to try and switch for the fall session.
EngSci-T.O
I'm a Canadian high school student who recently got into Queen's University for engineering. Now this is great and all, but recently I've come to the realization that economics/finance is my true passion. If I went to Queen's how long would it be before I could switch programs. And in general how does the process of switching programs work.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
well its different for each school but I think in this case you might be able to switch your program to economics/finance for the upcoming fall session if you talk to the admissions office at Queens right away.

As for how switching programs work that again depends. If you just switching from programs in the same facility like biochem to physics major its a relatively smooth process but if your switching facilities (your case) then its like submitting your ouac form again. If you don't get your program switch for the fall session you could probably switch into the economics program for the winter session by filling out a special form at your university.

In either case I would highly recommend getting on the phone with the admissions office at Queens asap in order to get into the fall session.

1. How does switching programs affect my computer's performance?

Switching programs can affect your computer's performance in a few ways. If you have a lot of programs open at once, switching between them may cause your computer to slow down or become unresponsive. Additionally, some programs may use more resources than others, so switching to a more resource-intensive program may cause your computer to run slower.

2. Will switching programs cause me to lose any unsaved work?

It depends on the program and how it handles switching. Some programs may have an auto-save feature that will save your work periodically, while others may require you to manually save your work before switching. It's always a good idea to save your work frequently to avoid losing anything.

3. How do I switch programs on my computer?

The method for switching programs may vary depending on your operating system and the programs you have open. In general, you can switch between programs by clicking on their respective icons or using keyboard shortcuts. On Windows, you can also use the taskbar or Alt+Tab to switch between open programs.

4. Can I switch programs on my phone or tablet?

Yes, you can switch between apps on your phone or tablet just like you would on a computer. Depending on the device, you may need to use gestures or buttons to access the app switcher. On iOS devices, you can double tap the home button to see all open apps, while on Android devices, you can tap the square or recent apps button to view open apps.

5. How does switching programs affect my data and internet connection?

Switching programs should not affect your data or internet connection, unless the program you are switching to requires an internet connection. In that case, your internet usage may increase. Additionally, if you are using a lot of data-intensive programs at once, it may slow down your internet connection.