Is electro-weak force intermediate for strong force happening?

In summary, the electro-weak force is an intermediate force that plays a role in producing new hadrons through collider experiments involving lepton scattering from hadrons. This is supported by the fact that most colliders are either lepton-lepton or hadron-hadron colliders, with the exception of HERA which uses a combination of both. The initial interaction in these colliders is either electromagnetic or weak, and the energy from the collision leads to the production of additional particles.
ndung200790
Please teach me this:
In collider of lepton scattering from hadron,I think that the electro-weak force is interaction between lepton and hadron, then hadron being excited,because of this inducing the strong force has an effect of producing new hadrons(if possible).So that electro-weak force is ''intermediate force'' in producing new hadrons.Is that correct?
Thank you very much in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have noticed many posts like this from you recently. I suspect that there are two reasons why you get very few replies. The topics are very advanced, and your English is very, very difficult to understand. I'm sorry to say this, but I can't figure out what you are talking about.

I am grateful very much for the Physics Forum.In Vietnam I have to self-study Physics and English.The Forum has really helped very,very much.

ndung200790, I think I can figure out what you're asking, please correct me if I'm wrong.
In collider of lepton scattering from hadron
Most colliders these days are lepton-lepton (LEP) or hadron-hadron (Tevatron and LHC) colliders. The only lepton-hadron collider in the world is HERA at DESY, which collides 30 GeV electrons/positrons with 920 GeV protons.

As you see http://www.pd.infn.it/~longhin/tesidott/html/node3.html" , you are correct: the initial interaction is either electromagnetic (photon) or weak (W or Z). From that point on, the energy from the collision goes into the production of additional particles, both hadrons and leptons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

1. What is the electro-weak force?

The electro-weak force is one of the four fundamental forces of nature, along with gravity, strong force, and electromagnetism. It is responsible for interactions between elementary particles, such as electrons and quarks.

2. How is the electro-weak force related to the strong force?

The electro-weak force is not directly related to the strong force. In fact, they are two separate forces with distinct characteristics. However, in certain high-energy interactions, the electro-weak force can trigger the strong force to occur.

3. Why is the electro-weak force considered an intermediate force?

The electro-weak force is referred to as an intermediate force because it is weaker than the strong force and electromagnetism, but stronger than gravity. It also has a shorter range than these other forces, making it intermediate in both strength and range.

4. Is the electro-weak force responsible for all strong force interactions?

No, the electro-weak force is not responsible for all strong force interactions. The strong force is primarily responsible for holding together the nucleus of an atom, while the electro-weak force plays a role in certain high-energy interactions between particles.

5. How does the electro-weak force contribute to particle interactions?

The electro-weak force contributes to particle interactions by causing particles to change from one type to another. This process, called electroweak symmetry breaking, is essential for the formation of the universe and allows for the existence of different types of particles with various masses and properties.