Physics - Circular motion question me

In summary, a 0.50kg ball is being swung in a circular motion with a radius of 2.0m and a period of 1.5s. The speed of the ball is 8.378m/s and the acceleration is 35.095 m/s^2. The centripetal force exerted by the string is 17.548N and the mass of the central object is 1.79kg. The angle of the string with the vertical is 0 degrees and the length of the string is 2m. Further clarification is needed for question e) and f).
laker_gurl3
Physics - Circular motion question..please help me..:(

A ball of mass 0.50kg is swung in a circle of radius 2.0m with a period of 1.5s.

a.) what is the speed of the ball?

b.) what is the acceleration of the Ball?

C.) What centripetal force must be exerted by the string that keeps the ball in orbit?

d.) what is the mass of the central object?

e.) What angle does the string make with the veritical?

f.) how long is the strong, L?

Thanks so much if u can help...it would be good to show me the explanation and the formulas used as well...thanks a bunch!

Physics news on Phys.org
a) 8.378m/s
b) 35.095 m/s^2
c) 17.548N
d) 1.79kg
e) 0?
f) 2m?

ooh! thanks alot, i did those questions earlier..
for 8 however, i got 1.85 kg.
For e.), i got 74 degrees...for this one just did the pythagoreum thereom, since one angle is 90 degrees, and in d.) we found the other angle being 16 degrees..
but yah, thanks so much!

I don't know how you got 1.85kg, if you got c, just divide that by the acceleration (9.8) As for e and f, I have no clue what it wants @.@

1. What is circular motion?

Circular motion is the movement of an object along a circular path at a constant speed.

2. What is centripetal force?

Centripetal force is the force that keeps an object moving in a circular path. It acts towards the center of the circle and is necessary to maintain circular motion.

3. How is centripetal force related to circular motion?

Centripetal force is directly proportional to the square of the velocity and inversely proportional to the radius of the circular path. This means that as the velocity increases, the centripetal force also increases, and as the radius increases, the centripetal force decreases.

4. What is the difference between centripetal force and centrifugal force?

Centripetal force is the force that keeps an object moving in a circular path, while centrifugal force is the apparent outward force experienced by an object in circular motion. Centrifugal force is not a real force, but rather a result of the inertia of the object trying to move in a straight line.

5. How is circular motion used in real life?

Circular motion is used in many real-life applications, such as amusement park rides, car tires rotating while driving, and planets orbiting around the sun. It is also essential in understanding the motion of objects in circular motion, such as satellites and particles in particle accelerators.