Who Will Be Crowned the Champion on This Week's Ultimate Fighter Finale?

• Thread starter pdevo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about the Ultimate Fighter series on Spike TV and predictions for the upcoming middleweight and light heavyweight championship fights. The participants also discussed the finale of the show, with some expressing their disappointment in the broadcast and others praising the intense fight between Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar. There was also a debate about the performance of Ken Shamrock and whether he should retire from fighting.
pdevo
Ultimate Fighter!

Has any1 been following the Ultimate Fighter series on Spike Tv? If so,
who do you think will win the middleweight and light heavyweight
championships this saturday? I´m going for Forrest and Diego. The
SHAMROCK match will be sickkkkk. For those who don´t know, this dude
was named "the world´s most dangerous man". So being able to watch him
fight live and free is an awesome thing (probably once in a
lifetime...this stuff is alwaysss 50 bucks on ppv). Any1 else been
following the show?

pd

Physics news on Phys.org
I have been watching it. I thought it was going to be ppv? Is it actually going to be on tv?

Isn't the average of IQ of those who watch Spike TV something like...

(Shamrock's IQ)/ x = 50

Note: I know who Shamrock is... some crazy white guy who didn't make it in wrestling.

I'm bumping this old thread because the finale just ended and it was amazing. I didn't watch the series, just this last finale, and it was all recapped so it's all good. :) I'm glad both Griffin and Bonnar got contracts, they deserved them, although I think Bonnar should have won the fight.

PL

nah. Bonnar took round 2 but Forest won 1 and 3 by a narrow margin. But then again I wouldn't have complained even if it had went the other way. Awesome fight anyway.
Florian had no business fighting a middleweight. He's a welterweight that could cut to lightweight. And it showed.
Shamrock showed once again why he's one of the most overrated fighters in the history of mma. I'd rather not see him fight ever again.

The broadcast was rediculous. About 20 minutes of fighting and 2 hours of self promotion and bull****?? Worse than the last UFC ppv which is bad.

Personaly I think Bonnar won rounds 2-3. It was an incredible fight though. Both are tough sons of *****es that will do well in the UFC.

Shamrock was great in his day, although i do agree a little overated but still a tough mofo back in his prime. Shamrock looked real old comming into this fight and left looking much older. I think its time for him to hang up his mitts. If you can't do the splits you probably shouldn't try kicking someone in the head that tall.

Why do you two think Bonnar should have won? Round 3 was the decisive round and even though Bonnar landed some good shots Griffin's dominance in the clinch made him the winner in my eyes.

1. What is the concept of "Ultimate Fighter"?

The "Ultimate Fighter" is a reality television series that follows a group of mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters as they live, train, and compete against each other to win a contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

2. How do fighters qualify for the show?

Fighters must go through an extensive tryout process, including interviews and sparring sessions with UFC coaches and staff. They must also have at least three professional MMA fights and be able to compete in the UFC's weight classes.

3. How are the fighters selected for each season?

The UFC and the show's producers handpick a diverse group of fighters from different backgrounds and with varying fighting styles. They also consider personality and how the fighters may interact with each other during the show.

4. What is the structure of the show?

The show is divided into two teams, usually based on the fighters' different weight classes. Each week, the teams compete against each other in a single-elimination tournament. The winners of each fight move on to the semi-finals and ultimately the finale, where the two remaining fighters compete for a contract with the UFC.

5. Has the show produced any notable fighters?

Yes, the show has produced several successful and well-known fighters, including Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Michael Bisping, and T.J. Dillashaw. Many fighters have gone on to become champions in their respective weight classes in the UFC.

Back