Should I Move? Surviving Extreme Heat & Keeping Secrets

• Thread starter Arctic Fox
  • Start date
In summary, the temperature was very high today, as it has been every day this week. The air smells like car exhaust in the evening. The boss at work is really starting to make the employee mad, and it's a struggle not to call in sick. The apartment is affordable, and the cats will have to come with the person if they move. The person misses their friends in the other city, but this job pays well. They are still waiting to find a new place to live until their lease is up in January.
Arctic Fox
It was 114°F today, 112° yesterday.
Every day me eyes burn from the city air here.
I drank the tap water once - won't do that again.
In the morning, the air smells like manure.
In the evening it smells like car exhaust.
The boss at my job is really starting to make me mad - it's a struggle not to call in sick.
I miss my friends in the other big city. Thinking about my ex as well.
I miss the fresh air and cool weather in the small city.

But this job pays good (second highest I've made).
The apartment is fair-priced. Lease is not up until Janurary.
Things are very affordable here.
Nobody knows I'm here, they think I'm in Oregon. Ex thinks I'm in Mexico. :tongue:
I hate moving.
I hate having to find jobs.
I have 3 cats that must come with me.
I still have to pay off a fine in the small city for breaking their lease. I'll have to pay here, too.

What should I do?
The main problem is this heat is killing me!
This is absolutely no place for an Arctic Fox...

Physics news on Phys.org
If there is a pool in your complex, enjoy it when you can. Add a vacation day to the weekend so you can go to higher elevation to camp or what have you. Just get through the summer heat.

Also, use the time to research your options and apply for jobs with a start date of the first of the year. This way you won't look like you are an unreliable flake who impulsively moves about.

Then when your boss is annoying you, go to your "happy place" and remind yourself that it won't be like this forever. When you move to your new place, you'll have immediate companionship from three cats.

Just be sure the grass doesn't look greener no matter what you do, or you will be a nomadic gypsy who will never feel a place is home with familiar faces and places. You can't escape certain problems by moving--you just take 'em with you.

Last edited:
You live in Fresno, CA don't you...

or Northern California lol.

No that really doesn't sound like very arctic climate there at all.

Pengwuino said:
You live in Fresno, CA don't you...
I got myself stuck in Coalinga on my way to Frisco... never again.
I really dislike the heat. I want to move to Oregon... or maybe Ireland.

My father use to work at an office in Coalinga... I am sorry for you lol

Have you ever gone to Visalia... i went there to pick up something for my father for fathers day and is wear these people are evil! Drove to best buy and left and got honked twice and the people at best buy were rude (but hot :wink: )

Last edited:
SOS2008 said:
a nomadic gypsy
that was random... :uhh:

Pengwuino said:
Have you ever gone to Visalia..
I know the name... don't think I've been there though.

Yomamma said:
that was random...
Random is good... now quiet boy. :tongue:

yomamma said:
that was random... :uhh:
No, but it was redundant. :rofl: In the meantime, I see you are making friends where ever you go. :rolleyes:

SOS2008 said:
If there is a pool in your complex, enjoy it when you can. Add a vacation day to the weekend so you can go to higher elevation to camp or what have you. Just get through the summer heat.

Well, a few problems; I don't like the sun or water, I don't like people. :shy:

SOS2008 said:
Then when your boss is annoying you, go to your "happy place" and remind yourself that it won't be like this forever.

The best way I can explain the problem is the boss wants to teach the alphabet, but not from "A" to "Z". He'll teach us that "L" is next to "M", and "H" comes before "I". Then he'll ask things like, 'what do you think comes before and after "R"?'... now imagine that I've never seen the alphabet, so I start asking questions; then there's the issue of if the boss is having a good day or bad day - if it's a good day I may get an answer. If it's a bad day, he'll look at me like I'm stupid, ask me what I think, or how long have I been working there, or tell me that this was taught 3 weeks ago at 9:17am while I was in the other room... and he's "disappointed" that I didn't learn it.

I go home and I'm so mad, I can't sleep. Like right now, I can't sleep because all this is running through my head! He has a short fuse and a hot temper, so I can't just sit down and talk to him about it because I'll probably get fired. His son works here, too. Talk about timid; I see this has been a problem for a while in that family...

:mad: :cry: :uhh: :frown: :grumpy:

Last edited:

1. What are the effects of extreme heat on the human body?

Extreme heat can cause a variety of health problems, including heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Prolonged exposure to high temperatures can also lead to dehydration, heat cramps, and heat rash.

2. What are some tips for staying safe in extreme heat?

To stay safe in extreme heat, it is important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding drinks that can cause dehydration, such as alcohol and caffeine. It is also important to wear loose, lightweight, and light-colored clothing to help keep your body cool. Additionally, seeking shade and limiting outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day can help prevent heat-related illnesses.

3. How can I keep my home cool during extreme heat?

To keep your home cool during extreme heat, it is important to have proper insulation and ventilation. You can also use fans, air conditioning, and shades or curtains to help keep the inside of your home cool. It is also important to avoid using heat-producing appliances, such as ovens and dryers, during the hottest parts of the day.

4. Should I disclose any medical conditions or medications that may make me more vulnerable to extreme heat?

Yes, it is important to disclose any medical conditions or medications that may make you more vulnerable to extreme heat to your healthcare provider. They can provide you with specific recommendations and precautions to take in order to stay safe in extreme heat.

5. How can I protect my personal information and keep it safe from extreme heat?

To protect your personal information from extreme heat, it is important to store important documents and electronic devices in a cool and dry place. You can also use backup systems or cloud storage to ensure your data is protected in case of extreme heat damage. It is also important to have a plan in place in case of a power outage or other emergency that could affect your personal information.