Maca Root - fireworks in your pants?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Root
In summary, Maca Root is believed to help sexual performance and act as an aphrodisiac that boosts libido in both men and women. Chemical research has demonstrated that Maca Root contains a chemical called p-methoxybenzyl isothiocyanate, which has reputed aphrodisiac properties.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Maca Root is believed to help sexual performance and act as an aphrodisiac that boosts libido in both men and women. Chemical research has demonstrated that Maca Root contains a chemical called p-methoxybenzyl isothiocyanate, which has reputed aphrodisiac properties.

Because Maca is thought to balance hormonal activity, it is believed to be useful in cases of sterility and other reproductive and sexual disorders. In men, it is believed to help treat male impotence and erectile dysfunction and may, in fact, increase seminal volume and sperm motility. There are also claims that Maca especially enhances sexual performance and endurance..
http://www.macasex.com/

I saw a bit about this on TV [an investigative report, not a commercial] the other night. Apparently it is common for women in Peru to use Maca root to increase libido. When asked if it works, one women commented, "It will make Chinese fireworks in your pants!".

It appears that this has been shown to be effective in mice, but it hasn't been tested in humans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Chinese fireworks in your pants? *buys 3*

Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.macasex.com/

I saw a bit about this on TV [an investigative report, not a commercial] the other night. Apparently it is common for women in Peru to use maca root to increase libido. When asked if it works, one women commented, "It will make Chinese fireworks in your pants!".

It appears that this has been shown to be effective in mice, but it hasn't been tested in humans.
Maca has a weak androgenic effect, like other things you just have to see if it bothers your bladder or not. Sometimes the purity of the Maca makes a difference as some manufacturers use fillers that you could react to.
Why don't you get your hormone levels checked by your Gyno. For a lot of women libido problems are due to low testosterone or estradiol.

I bought supplement called Macafem (maca root). I started taking it and vitamin B complex at the same time. My bladder started acing on the 3rd day and I stopped taking the supplements. I heard that vitimin B can make your bladder worse and now I don't know which one of these supplements cause the pain and too afraid to try maca root again. Is maca root suppose to cause bladder discomfort?

The only time that I ever had a problem in this respect, I found the perfect remedy—a better looking woman.

nath5212 said:
Why don't you get your hormone levels checked by your Gyno. For a lot of women libido problems are due to low testosterone or estradiol.

My Gyno has refused to see me ever since my first exam.

Ivan Seeking said:
My Gyno has refused to see me ever since my first exam.

I didn't figure that you'd let that one go by... :biggrin:

1. What is Maca Root and what does it do?

Maca Root is a plant native to Peru. The root of this plant is commonly used as a dietary supplement and is believed to have various health benefits, including increasing energy, improving fertility, and enhancing libido.

2. How does Maca Root affect sexual function?

Some people believe that Maca Root can improve sexual function and libido. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support this claim. Some studies have shown that Maca Root may increase sperm count and motility in men, but more research is needed to fully understand its effects on sexual function.

3. Can Maca Root cause "fireworks in your pants"?

This phrase is often used to describe the potential aphrodisiac effects of Maca Root. While some people may experience increased sexual desire and arousal after consuming Maca Root, there is no scientific evidence to support the claim that it causes literal "fireworks" in the pants.

4. Are there any potential side effects of taking Maca Root?

Maca Root is generally considered safe for consumption, but some people may experience side effects such as stomach upset, insomnia, or changes in blood pressure. It is always best to consult with a healthcare professional before adding any new supplement to your routine.

5. How should I take Maca Root for maximum benefits?

There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the recommended dosage of Maca Root may vary depending on factors such as age, weight, and overall health. It is best to follow the instructions on the specific product you are using or consult with a healthcare professional for personalized recommendations.

Back