Some questions about 3D environment

• Thread starter baby_1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    3d
In summary, we discussed the difference between vectors and lines in 2D and 3D, and how vectors can be added and multiplied by numbers while lines have no algebra. We also talked about finding perpendicular vectors on a surface or line, and how it depends on the given equation. Finally, we concluded that the size of vectors is irrelevant to determining the angle between them.
baby_1
Hello
I have some question that i confused to know them
1-what is difference between Vector and Line in 3D and 2D?
2-how can find the vertical vector on a surface or line?
3-how can find the angle between two vector or line only with their size?( i do it with Inner Product equation but without the Inner Product value how can do that
696389a455a6d96fc7df8bdc2260b972.png

?)

Thanks

Mathematics news on Phys.org
baby_1 said:
Hello
I have some question that i confused to know them
1-what is difference between Vector and Line in 3D and 2D?
A vector has a specific length, a line extends infinitely. Also you can add vectors and multiply vectors by numbers. Lines have no "algebra".

2-how can find the vertical vector on a surface or line?
What do you mean by "vertical"? Do you mean perpendicular? How you would find it depends on how you are given the surface or line. We can write a plane in three dimensions as Ax+ By+ Cz= D. In that case, any perpendicular vector is a multiplie of <A, B C>. If the "surface" is not a plane, perpendicular vectors will vary from point to point. A line, in two dimensions, written as y= ax+ b, has perpendicular vector <a, -1>.

3-how can find the angle between two vector or line only with their size?( i do it with Inner Product equation but without the Inner Product value how can do that
696389a455a6d96fc7df8bdc2260b972.png

?)
You don't! Two vectors with the same lengths can have many different directions and so many different angles between them. The size of vectors is completely irrelevant to the angle between them.

Thanks

1. What is a 3D environment?

A 3D environment is a computer-generated virtual space that mimics real-world environments, objects, and interactions. It allows users to explore and interact with the environment in a realistic and immersive way.

2. How are 3D environments created?

3D environments are created using specialized software such as computer-aided design (CAD) or 3D modeling programs. These programs allow artists and designers to create and manipulate 3D objects, textures, and lighting to create a realistic virtual environment.

3. What are some applications of 3D environments?

3D environments have a wide range of applications, including video games, films, architectural and product design, simulations and training, and virtual reality experiences. They are also used in scientific research and data visualization.

4. What is the difference between 3D environments and 2D environments?

The main difference between 3D and 2D environments is the level of depth and immersion. 3D environments have depth and allow users to move and interact with objects in a 3-dimensional space, while 2D environments are flat and only have height and width. This makes 3D environments more realistic and immersive.

5. How is user interaction achieved in 3D environments?

User interaction in 3D environments can be achieved through various input methods such as keyboards, mice, game controllers, and motion sensors. These inputs allow users to navigate and interact with the environment, objects, and characters in a realistic and intuitive way.