60Hz to 50Hz converter for subwoofer

by Fixer187
Tags: 50hz, 60hz, converter, subwoofer
Fixer187
Jan2-14, 03:56 PM
P: 1
Hello,

I have bought an Energy Take classic 5.1 surround set from the US and I live in Belgium because this set is not for sale in Europe. When I orders it, I had taken into account that the powercord and Voltage were different. But I did not know that it was 60Hz instead of 50Hz. Are there any solutions for this problem?

Thank you!

Dave
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
A smart prosthetic knee with in-vivo diagnoses
Old tires become material for new and improved roads
Students take clot-buster for a spin
berkeman
Jan2-14, 05:10 PM
Mentor
P: 39,683
Quote Quote by Fixer187 View Post
Hello,

I have bought an Energy Take classic 5.1 surround set from the US and I live in Belgium because this set is not for sale in Europe. When I orders it, I had taken into account that the powercord and Voltage were different. But I did not know that it was 60Hz instead of 50Hz. Are there any solutions for this problem?

Thank you!

Dave
Welcome to the PF.

We will probably need to see a schematic of the power supply for the subwoofer before we can be of much help.

Or else you could contact the manufacturer to ask their technical support folks this question...
sophiecentaur
Jan3-14, 12:13 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,378
If you are lucky, you may find it just requires a single DC power feed, internally. If it does then you can replace the internal PSU with another, off the shelf, external one. I guess the low frequency regulation could be a problem but your SW should have some pretty large reservoir capacitors inside. It could depend on just how fussy you are about a bit of 'saggyness' for high level / low frequency components. At least, a separate SW will not affect your main amp outputs when someone puts their foot on a 32ft double diapason pedal.

Register to reply