Ariel Sharon will have to stand down

• News
  • Thread starter Anttech
  • Start date
In summary, Sharon the ex-hardliner who slaughter many Arabs, took much land of the Palestine’s, and then got compassionate, and started to undo what he had done trying to create bridges between the two people, more or less shunning the Zionists, evacuating his people from the settlements will no longer be able to carry out his PM duties for Israel.
Anttech
Another era is over in the ME conflict.

Sharon the ex-hardliner who slaughter many Arabs, took much land of the Palestine’s, and then got compassionate, and started to undo what he had done trying to create bridges between the two people, more or less shunning the Zionists, evacuating his people from the settlements.

Sharon will no longer be able to carry out his PM duties for Israel.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1483233

"He will not continue to be prime minister, but maybe he will be able to understand and to speak," the Argentina-born Dr. Cohen told Spanish-language reporters Saturday. His comments, which reinforced the widespread belief that Sharon's days as prime minister are over, were published in The Jerusalem Post.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anttech said:
Sharon the ex-hardliner who slaughter many Arabs

Sharon did not "slaughter" any arabs. Arabs have been attacking Israel since day one and you are blaming Sharon for the death of people who attacked Israel in the first place? Have you lived in Israel and seen these arabs? They'll kill anything that moves, provided its not muslim. And these are not a minority of extremists. These, unfortunately, are by large the majority. Hell, they are about to vote in HAMAS.

I played poker with a palestinian man once. He was a really nice guy. I was a bit taken aback though when he said that if he were in Palestine and came across a jew "I ****ing kill him". Kinda scary to think that's an average mentality.

I have heard that Sharon was pretty well-loved throughout the Middle East for his efforts - by both sides. Am I mistaken? (I am admittedly very ignorant on this subject.)

Who will take over his duties now?

Are you kiding, MIH?

Lisa! said:
Are you kiding, MIH?
No, not at all. I really don't know anything about this other than little bits I have heard on morning commentary programs covering the news. But this could, of course, be very opinionated, so that's why I asked.

Math Is Hard said:
No, not at all. I really don't know anything about this other than little bits I have heard on morning commentary programs covering the news. But this could, of course, be very opinionated, so that's why I asked.
Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you're asking for it or not!
You know as far as I know Palestinians accused him of doing war crimes. I don't know whether I'm wrong or right, so I hope someone corrects me if I'm mistaking!
Here's a link about it:
Is Ariel Sharon a war criminal?

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you're asking for it or not!
You know as far as I know Palestinians accused him of doing war crimes. I don't know whether I'm wrong or right, so I hope someone corrects me if I'm mistaking!
Here's a link about it:
Is Ariel Sharon a war criminal?
Thanks, Lisa. I appreciate the link. It is always good to see different sides and opinions. I know little of his past. It just seemed to me, from what I have heard in bits and pieces, that in his recent years he really cared about bringing about peace - even if the method was in conflict with his own ideals.

Last edited:
Math Is Hard said:
Thanks, Lisa. I appreciate the link. It is always good to see different sides and opinions. I know little of his past. It just seemed to me, from what I have heard in bits and pieces, that in his recent years he really cared about bringing about peace - even if the method was in conflict with his own ideals.
Well, since my information belongs to the past, so you might be right that he's popular by both sides now. You know it's been for about 4(or more years) that I don't follow the war and conflicts news since I don't want to become more depressed.:shy:

Cheers:smile:

Tzar said:
Sharon did not "slaughter" any arabs. Arabs have been attacking Israel since day one and you are blaming Sharon for the death of people who attacked Israel in the first place? Have you lived in Israel and seen these arabs? They'll kill anything that moves, provided its not muslim. And these are not a minority of extremists. These, unfortunately, are by large the majority. Hell, they are about to vote in HAMAS.

http://www.zionism-israel.com/zionism_timeline.htm

Perhaps read up on Mr Sharons past... And a little History lesson would be good for you!

Israeli Kahan commission found Ariel Sharon and others indirectly responsible for allowing the massacre in Sabra and Shatilla.

Last edited:

I aggree in recent years he has tried to do his bit, just like arafat did, both were terrorist..

The thing is, I'm not sure Arafat wasn't still a terrorist. At the very least, he did little to stop the terrorism. Functionally, there is little difference between whether he couldn't or just didn't stop the terrorism - either way, it didn't stop.

Sharon was pretty much equally hated by both extremes, which is a pretty good indicator that he was doing a good job.

Sharon was pretty much equally hated by both extremes, which is a pretty good indicator that he was doing a good job.

Sharon was hated by more than just the extremes. Sorry but lanuching missiles into the gaza strip to perhaps kill some terrorists, is equally as bad as suicide bombing. I am not going to get into the symantics of the word Terrorist, which people here seem to like to do

No need to get into the semantics of the word - it clearly does not apply in that case unless you are arguing (can successfully argue) that the stated goal of such attacks is a lie (implied by your use of the word "perhaps").

edit: in addition, international law is clear that purposeful use of human shields is a crime for the person who uses the human shields, not the person who attacks the person using the human shields.

Last edited:
Argentina-born Dr. Cohen told Spanish-language reporters Saturday
Did he even see Aieral?It doesn't say anything if he did see him.

Although Sharon has a long history as a "fierce fighter" (Israel) or "Sleazy murderer" (Arabs), he was in the past couple of years the author of gestures toward peace, like removing Israeli settlements in Gaza, which no one with less of a hawkish rep could have accomplished given the realities of Israeli politics.
His removal, leaving his new party leaderless, plus the power at the polls which Hamas is showing in Palestinean elections, bodes very ill for the peace of the area.

1. What does it mean for Ariel Sharon to "stand down"?

When someone "stands down", it means that they are stepping down or resigning from their position or role.

2. Why does Ariel Sharon have to stand down?

Ariel Sharon was the Prime Minister of Israel from 2001 to 2006. In 2006, he suffered a stroke and went into a coma. As a result, he had to step down from his position as Prime Minister and was replaced by Ehud Olmert.

3. Will Ariel Sharon still be involved in politics after standing down?

It is unlikely that Ariel Sharon will be involved in politics after stepping down as Prime Minister. After his stroke, he remained in a coma until his death in 2014.

4. Who will replace Ariel Sharon as Prime Minister?

Ehud Olmert replaced Ariel Sharon as Prime Minister in 2006 after Sharon's stroke. Olmert served until 2009 when Benjamin Netanyahu became the new Prime Minister.

5. How did the public react to Ariel Sharon standing down?

The public reaction to Ariel Sharon stepping down as Prime Minister was mixed. Some praised his leadership and accomplishments, while others criticized his policies and actions.