Did Germany, Japan, or S Korea .

In summary, the conversation discussed whether Germany, Japan, or S Korea had any attackers on foreign troops after the war. It was concluded that while Germany and Japan had some resistance, it was not comparable to what is seen in Iraq and Afghanistan. The reason for the decrease in attacks in Iraq is due to the Army disrupting communication and access to explosives. S Korea did not have a situation applicable to this topic as they were not occupied by foreign forces. The conversation also touched on the use of martial law and summary executions, which were deemed as outdated and not acceptable in modern times. The topic of Japanese soldiers who continued to fight after the war was also mentioned, with the explanation that they were unaware of Japan's surrender. The conversation then shifted to
member 5645
Did Germany, Japan, or S Korea...

have it's share of attackers on foreign troops after the war was over?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nope. Although the pro-war crowd tried to claim they did, there was nothing comparable to what we've seen in Iraq. And don't get me started on Afghanistan!

That said, the attacks seem to be tapering off some in Iraq. The reason is said to be that the Army has disrupted the attackers' communications and reduced their access to good explosives, etc. Increasingly too, they are targeting not US personnel but Iraqis who cooperate with the US.

I've been doing reading on this topic, and do still haven't found much on S Korea.
I've found that Germany and Japan both had pockets of resistance, but not much at all.

I guess the populous that was ready to surrender before the government did has that effect. That and that fact that those in Iraq and afghanistan often feel their god requires the attacks of them[?]

Get started on afghanistan

We were tougher in Germany and Japan than we are being in Iraq: martial law on a local level, summary executions, etc.

And S Korea? Thats not an applicable situation. We kicked out a foreign invader with their assistance and never ruled over them - we just reinstated the former goevernment. Its like asking if Kuait resisted our occupation. There was no occupation to resist and no reason to be against us (we helped them).

Originally posted by russ_watters
We were tougher in Germany and Japan than we are being in Iraq: martial law on a local level, summary executions, etc.

I know this wasn't implied in your post, but do you think martial law would be a better course of action than now? Are the new tougher actions working?

I have my own opinions already, just wondering :)

Umm, how did everyone suddenly forget about all the Japanese soldiers hiding out islands who kept attacking people for years, and in some case decades until after the war was over, not believing Japan had surrendered?

Umm, how did everyone suddenly forget about all the Japanese soldiers hiding out islands who kept attacking people for years, and in some case decades until after the war was over, not believing Japan had surrendered?

You answered your own question, the soldiers didnt know that japan had surrendered, therefore they where still fighting the war as far as they where concerned.

And how many of them were there? A dozen? And how much damage did they cause? How many helicopters did they shoot down?

Well they could have been very accurate when they threw their swords. Thats patriotism that is. Its crazy though, didnt they get the Emperor out on some of the soldiers so he could convince them that the war was over?

Yea i think so, its the warrior code that they have. The samurai used to swear there sword to the emperor, whatever he told them to do they would do it no matter what, if he told them to kill themselves they would, it was their duty to serve their emperor.

Hmm...well i suppose it makes sense if you are japanese.

He asked if Japanese people had any attackers after the war, not if they did and real damage or if there were a lot of them.

Originally posted by phatmonky
I know this wasn't implied in your post, but do you think martial law would be a better course of action than now? Are the new tougher actions working?
I think we should be tougher. How tough? Dunno exactly. Though effective, I think the world has moved beyond accepting summary executions.

lol that was a boring question so we changed it! i don't think Japan had any attackers, i thought they were under US protection because the Americans were providing money are resources after they bombed em.

Yea i think executions is a little bit extreme/barbaric nowadays, especially when its against people who are only fighting for what they believe in.

Well you know, to us, its barbaric but to other nations its natural.

Yea good point, KILL THEM ALL!

1. Did Germany, Japan, or S Korea participate in World War II?

Yes, Germany and Japan were both major Axis powers during World War II. South Korea (then known as Korea) was under Japanese occupation during the war.

2. How did Germany, Japan, and S Korea recover after World War II?

After World War II, both Germany and Japan were left devastated and in ruins. However, with aid from the United States and other allied countries, they were able to rebuild their economies and become major economic powers. South Korea also received aid and assistance in rebuilding after the war.

3. What is the current political climate in Germany, Japan, and S Korea?

Germany is a federal parliamentary republic, Japan is a constitutional monarchy, and South Korea is a presidential republic. All three countries have stable political systems and are considered democratic nations.

4. How have Germany, Japan, and S Korea contributed to global technology and innovation?

Germany, Japan, and South Korea are all known for their advancements in technology and innovation. Germany is known for its engineering and automotive industries, Japan for its advancements in electronics and robotics, and South Korea for its advancements in technology and manufacturing.

5. What are some cultural traditions and customs in Germany, Japan, and S Korea?

Germany, Japan, and South Korea all have unique cultural traditions and customs. Germany is known for its beer festivals and Christmas markets, Japan for its tea ceremonies and cherry blossom festivals, and South Korea for its traditional dances and celebrations such as the Lunar New Year and Chuseok.