Hypothetical Situation in regards to the election.

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hypothetical
In summary, the hypothetical situation involves the economy continuing to improve but with a slight slowdown, a highly televised event where Bill Clinton goes to shake Bush's hand but is thrown to the ground and punched by Bush, Wolfowitz challenging Bush for the presidential ticket in 2004 and Dean winning the democratic ticket. The conversation then turns to a discussion of who would win the presidency between Wolfowitz and Dean, with the conclusion that Dean would likely win due to Wolfowitz being Jewish. There is also a humorous suggestion of a WWE-style match to determine the presidency. The conversation ends with a discussion of Lieberman's effect on Gore's chances in the 2000 election and the hypothetical scenario of Bush Sr. bribing the ref and Wolfowitz ultimately defeating Bush
wasteofo2
Here's my hypothetical situation:

The economy continues on the upward trend it's going on but slows down a bit, jobs are being created at a moderate rate but nothing remarkable. Bush is giving some sort of adress or doing something which is highly televised and many are watching. Bill Clinton is there and at the end of it, as bush is walking off the stage, Clinton goes to shake Bush's hand. Bush grabs clintons hand and throws him to the ground. Bush then gets on top of clinton and starts punching him in the face, all of this is on national television. Wolfowitz challenges Bush for the presidential ticket in 2004 and gets it. Dean wins the democratic ticket.

Who wins the presidency?

Sorry about the randomness of this, I'm just bored.

Physics news on Phys.org
Between Wolfowitz and Dean? Never mind the lurid prelims. Dean would take it in a walk. Wolfowitz is JEWISH and voters have not shaken off all their predjudices yet. Same if Rice got the GOP nomination.

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Between Wolfowitz and Dean? Never mind the lurid prelims. Dean would take it in a walk. Wolfowitz is JEWISH and voters have not shaken off all their predjudices yet. Same if Rice got the GOP nomination.
A Bush run with Rice as the VP would make for interesting things.
The democrats historically rely on the black vote, but I feel Rice would ruin that. Then Rice Vs. Hillary in 2008

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Dean would take it in a walk. Wolfowitz is JEWISH and voters have not shaken off all their predjudices yet.
I'm not sure that's as big an issue as you think. I don't think it hurt Lieberman. And Gore thought it would hurt him, he wouldn't have picked him as a running mate.

Originally posted by wasteofo2
Here's my hypothetical situation:

The economy continues on the upward trend it's going on but slows down a bit, jobs are being created at a moderate rate but nothing remarkable. Bush is giving some sort of adress or doing something which is highly televised and many are watching. Bill Clinton is there and at the end of it, as bush is walking off the stage, Clinton goes to shake Bush's hand. Bush grabs clintons hand and throws him to the ground. Bush then gets on top of clinton and starts punching him in the face, all of this is on national television. Wolfowitz challenges Bush for the presidential ticket in 2004 and gets it. Dean wins the democratic ticket.

Who wins the presidency?

Sorry about the randomness of this, I'm just bored.
They throw out the electoral college and have Vince McMahon set up a WWE Smackdown PPV for the presidency? Cage match with everyone involved in the ring, and Gary Coleman as ref? It's a tough call...Bush has stamina, from all the jogging and naps, Clinton is pretty beefy though, and Dean is a tenacious cuss...I figure Bush Sr. bribes the ref, Coleman smokes it all up in a jumbo blunt, and Wolfowitz hides under the ring until it is just a bruised but standing Bush...and then he hops out and clubs Bush down with a large book with no pictures(which we know is like Kryptonite to Bush...)

Originally posted by russ_watters
I'm not sure that's as big an issue as you think. I don't think it hurt Lieberman. And Gore thought it would hurt him, he wouldn't have picked him as a running mate.

I voted for Gore-Lieberman, and I would vote for Lieberman if the Dems were to nominate him, which they won't.

But I definitely think that Lieberman cost the ticket votes in the "red" states. Gore should have taken his home state of Tennessee. That he didn't may be ascribed to three things (weightings may vary)

- His personality (and the GOP smears against him)

- The NRA mounted a last minute campaign against him. Tenn is a strongly pro-gun state.

- Lieberman.

If he had taken Tennessee he would not only have won in the electoral college, but he would have gotten some 51-52% of the popular vote.

I figure Bush Sr. bribes the ref, Coleman smokes it all up in a jumbo blunt, and Wolfowitz hides under the ring until it is just a bruised but standing Bush...and then he hops out and clubs Bush down with a large book with no pictures(which we know is like Kryptonite to Bush...)

LOL LOL LOL.

1. What would happen if there was a tie in the electoral college?

If there is a tie in the electoral college, the decision would be left to the House of Representatives. Each state delegation would have one vote to determine the winner of the election.

2. Can the election be postponed or delayed?

The date of the presidential election is set by law and can only be changed through an act of Congress. There is no current indication that the election will be postponed or delayed.

3. What would happen if a candidate were to die before the election?

If a candidate were to die before the election, the party would choose a new nominee to take their place on the ballot. If the candidate had already received enough electoral votes to win, the party's electors would vote for the new nominee.

4. What is the process for a recount in a close election?

In a close election, a candidate can request a recount in certain states. The process and requirements for a recount vary by state, but generally involve a review of the ballots and voting machines to ensure accuracy.

5. Can a candidate contest the results of the election?

Yes, a candidate can contest the results of the election by filing a legal challenge. This would involve presenting evidence of election fraud or irregularities and going through the court system to determine the validity of the results.