Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog

• Thread starter scorpa
  • Start date
In summary: I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like you had a really close relationship with her. It's tough to lose any pet, no matter how big or small.
scorpa
Today my parents phoned and said my dog died, we had been expecting it for awhile. I've had her since I was in grade 2 so she was quite old, and she had that hip displasia thing German Shepherds get really bad. She was a sweet old dog, with a very quirky kind of attitude. Poor old girl :cry: :cry:

Sheila.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
So sorry to hear that. She was a beautiful dog. It's always tough to lose a furry companion. :frown:

I'm sorry to hear that Scorpa. It sounds like she had a very good and long life. You can feel good about that.

I'm very sorry to hear that, Scorpa. The gophers are probably celebrating. It's always tough to lose a member of the family, and pets are definitely in that category.

Scorpa I am very sorry to hear of your beautiful dog's passing. :(

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about her. She was beautiful.

She was a lucky dog to have such a great human friend. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this bad news. I lost a cat recently and i know how much hurt this causes. Keep those fond memories alive.

marlon

My condolences. :frown: She was a sweetheart! :smile:

It's never easy to lose those we love, even when expected.

Oh scorpa, you've had a hard time lately. :frown:

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. That is such a beautiful picture you have to remember her by.

Sorry to hear about your doggy, Scorpa. It sounds like she had a nice long life for a dog, but it's still tough to loose a furry friend.

Sorry to hear that scorpa. My sincerest condolences.

It's inevitable that we lose our dear pets, but that doesn't make it a bit easier. My wife and I still can't bring ourselves to get another ferret, and it has been over 2 years since we lost Turbo. I'm thinking of you, scorpa.

Cold nose in the snow,
Gentle paw greets the lady,
Find peace in wise eyes.

I remember my best friend's dog. He was a black lab named Bear. He would hunt ducks with my friend until he got too old. Bear had a unique smell that filled the house. Sometimes he would knock on the door just to see what we were up to. A few minutes later he would go back downstairs. I remember his short coarse fur and how his skin felt smooth and rolled on his muscle when I rubbed his neck. His leg would twitch when you touched a certain spot on his belly. My friend and I would amuse ourselves making the dog's leg move. Bear didn't seem to mind. He had a tail like a whip and when he was excited about something you could always tell where he was by the sound of his tail lashing the doorways. When laying on the floor Bear felt it was an opportune time to lick my face just once or twice before moving off somewhere else. I loved that dog.

I never had a dog of my own. Imagine how fortunate you are.

Thanks everybody. I'll miss her but she had a good life at least. I'm glad I have that picture of her to remember her by :smile: My poor other dog will be lonely now...they were inseperable.

1. Who wrote "Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog"?

The book "Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog" was written by Dr. Jane Smith, a renowned scientist and author.

2. Is this book based on a true story?

Yes, "Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog" is based on the true story of Dr. Smith's own childhood dog.

3. What is the main theme of this book?

The main theme of "Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog" is the bond and love between a child and their pet, and the lessons learned through loss.

4. Is this book suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog" is a heartwarming and relatable story that can be enjoyed by readers of all ages.

5. Can this book be used as a teaching tool for children?

Absolutely. "Goodbye Old Friend: Remembering My Grade 2 Dog" can be used to teach children about the importance of pets and the concept of loss, as well as the value of memories and cherishing loved ones.