What is the Point of Being Invisible at PF?

• Thread starter mattmns
  • Start date
In summary, Invisible users can't be seen by anyone other than people who have been granted "Invisibility" privilege. Regular members can't see Invisible users, and they can't see posts that have been deleted.
mattmns
No I am not talking about walking around in real life and being invisible, I am talking about this PF feature (for us special people :smile:).

When I look at a thread that I have posted in, it says that "mattmns is Invisible" Does this show up for other people as well, or just me? Also, I am not sure if I see the point of being invisible, if someone can click on my profile and see that I am viewing some thread, or doing some other activity. Overall, I am not sure if there is any point to being "Invisible" at all.

When I clicked the check-mark to be invisible, I was hoping to be able to sneak into the ladies room and see the sisterhood pillow-fighting naked; Instead, however, I was not invisible and ended up taking a beating :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
When you're invisible, everyone else sees you as offline even when you're online. And on the main page you won't even be listed in the active users list. This means you can be logged in and no one even knows you were ever there unless you post.

Some people prefer this because when someone else sees them online they might wish to PM or IM them and expect a prompt reply, and they don't want to be bothered.

I just checked as a regular member, it says you are "offline", you do not show up in the list of members named online and viewing your profile, it does not tell me where you are or when you last logged in. It's blank.

According to PF, you're not here.

However, MENTORS can see invisible people. muwahahahah

I feel obligated to use it now, just because I can.

EDIT: Muahaha!

EDIT2: I only have 15 school days left until I graduate high school...

EDIT3: Edits are pretty fun, I still don't understand the "Reason for Editing:" thing...

EDIT4: I will type in a reason and see what comes of it.

EDIT5: I still don't know what that's for...

Last edited:
Heheh, Donski is the only here now. :biggrin:

Evo said:
Heheh, Donski is the only here now. :biggrin:

:approve:

It's also interesting to see two or three page threads with not a single non-contributor post.

I just checked out your profile moose and I see nothing, sweet! But now I know you are invisible! I also have signatures turned off and I had never seen your signature before, awesome :rofl:

edit... Congrats on the graduation :smile:

Last edited:
moose said:
EDIT2: I only have 15 school days left until I graduate high school...
Congrats invisible moose! Let us know when it's official so we can celebrate!

mattmns said:
I just checked out your profile moose and I see nothing, sweet! But now I know you are invisible! I also have signatures turned off and I had never seen your signature before, awesome :rofl:

edit... Congrats on the graduation :smile:

I added the Math is cool part back in the day when that was your signature...

Thanks, I just can't wait for the roadtrip I will take with a bunch of my graduate friends :smile:

Personally, I don't go invisible because everyone already knows I have no life and spend way too much time on here. :wink:

invisible is so that the contributors can pay to be able to safely watch you at night with nobody knowing it. why else would moose subscribe.

Ki Man said:
why else would moose subscribe.

You caught me :redface:

Can the moderators and powerful people upstairs see the posts I delete? Because I wonder why it asks me the reason why I'm deleting it. If no body is going to see it ever again, why is it asking me the reason why I'm deleting it? I hope not, because if I delete it, I don't want anybody to see my idiotic remark!

Mk said:
Can the moderators and powerful people upstairs see the posts I delete? Because I wonder why it asks me the reason why I'm deleting it. If no body is going to see it ever again, why is it asking me the reason why I'm deleting it? I hope not, because if I delete it, I don't want anybody to see my idiotic remark!
Yes, we can see it, but we rarely go to the trouble of opening deleted posts. We have enough to do already, trust me.

What is the point of being invisible at PF?

The point of being invisible at PF is to study the behavior of particles and forces without any interference from external factors. This allows scientists to better understand the fundamental laws of nature.

How does being invisible help with scientific research?

Being invisible allows scientists to observe and manipulate particles and forces without changing their behavior. This provides more accurate and precise data for scientific research.

What methods are used to achieve invisibility at PF?

There are several methods used to achieve invisibility at PF, including using advanced materials with specific properties, manipulating light waves, and using cloaking technology.

Can invisibility at PF be achieved with any particle or force?

Invisibility at PF is typically achieved with particles and forces on a smaller scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. However, advancements in technology may allow for invisibility on a larger scale in the future.

What are the potential applications of invisibility at PF?

Invisibility at PF has many potential applications in various fields such as medicine, military, and technology. For example, it could be used to create more efficient and precise medical treatments, develop advanced military camouflage, and improve communication and information technology.