VOTE Photo Contest - Play It Again Sam

In summary, this was a tough contest with no specific category. Participants were asked to vote for their favorite pictures from previous contests. Some were surprised to see entries they had originally missed. The entries included ZapperZ's "Water, water, everywhere," Mk's "close-up," Moonbear's "When you wish upon a star," hypnagogue's "sunrise, sunset," neutrino's "Things that go bump in the night," turbo-1's "Let it snow," Scorpa's "It's all there in black and white," and Matthyaouw's "straight and narrow." After much deliberation, ZapperZ's picture was chosen as the winner. MK was surprised to learn they had won,

Vote for your favorite picture

• ZapperZ

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Mk

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Moonbear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • hypnagogue

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • neutrino

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • turbo-1

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • scorpa

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Matthyaouw

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Wow, This is another tough contest! These pictures are all so great!

This contest didn't actually have a category, instead it was a chance to vote for some of your favorite pictures from previous contests. I am surprised that a couple were entered that I had orginally missed! Please vote for the picture that appeals to you the most.

1. ZapperZ - From "Water, water, everywhere"
img5453fa0.jpg

2. Mk - From "close-up"
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2217/ferrozd5.jpg

3. Moonbear - From "When you wish upon a star"
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6250/mooniesmoon0sn.jpg

4. hypnagogue - From "sunrise, sunset"
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9495/sunsetlg8.jpg

5. neutrino - From "Things that go bump in the night"
flare.jpg

6. turbo-1 - From "Let it snow"
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/1098/snowox3.jpg

7. Scorpa - From "It's all there in black and white"
SheilaBW.jpg

8. Matthyaouw - From "straight and narrow"
CNV00023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So difficult to choose 1, but Zz's pic gets my vote!

I went with Zz was well. Great pics all around though.

I went with Scorpa. Her dog is such a sweetie and she looks like she's thinking deep thoughts.

Wow, those are nice. I find hypnagogue's very soothing in several ways, but the awesomeness of neutrino's is just too awesome, and I must give awesome where awesome is due. :awesome:

honestrosewater said:
but the awesomeness of neutrino's is just too awesome, and I must give awesome where awesome is due. :awesome:
:blushing:

Thank you.

Yes, truly awesome. Great timing neutrino.

I vote for that weird thing from outer-space MK posted. whatever it is, I hope it comes in peace.

I think MKs is a very neat picture so I went with that

Congratulations to MK! I will be posting the winner and runners-up in the winners thread shortly.

Holy crap! I'm winning!

No, you won!

Oh, gosh, I missed the entire vote! :bugeye: How'd I do that?

That's nothing, I've been so busy, I missed it too. :redface:

1. What is the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Play It Again Sam" all about?

The "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Play It Again Sam" is a photography contest organized by the PF Foundation to raise awareness about environmental conservation and sustainable living.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is passionate about photography and cares about the environment. Participants must be at least 18 years old and must follow the contest rules and guidelines.

3. How can I submit my photo for the contest?

To submit your photo, you must first register on the PF Foundation website and create an account. Then, you can upload your photo through the submission form on the contest page. Make sure to follow the file format and size requirements.

4. How are the winners selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in photography and environmental conservation. The public vote will account for 50% of the final score, while the judges' vote will account for the other 50%.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The first-place winner will receive a cash prize of $1000, the second-place winner will receive $500, and the third-place winner will receive $250. Additionally, all winners will have their photos featured on the PF Foundation website and social media platforms.