Militant atheists like Dawkins

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around a documentary that was shared on the forum and whether or not it followed the forum guidelines. The participants also shared their opinions on the content of the documentary, with one person objecting to the idea of "agreeing" or "disagreeing" with a documentary. The thread was ultimately locked and the link to the documentary was deleted.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Evo, is this within forum guide lines.

edit: link deleted

As this is a science forum, i can only ask, if you agree with this documentary or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I object to any documentary which it is possibly to "agree" or "disagree" with.

wolram said:
Evo, is this within forum guide lines.

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/listings/9/6169

As this is a science forum, i can only ask, if you agree with this documentary or not.
I won't be able to view it until I get home from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like how they labelled it 100 reasons why creationism is stupid just because there is a creationist lecture entitled 100 reasons why evolution is stupid.

Militant atheists like Dawkins are as bad as fundamentalists, imo.

I seem to remember a huge thread about that documentary a while ago.

J77 said:
Militant atheists like Dawkins are as bad as fundamentalists, imo.
How exactly? Does taking a line of thought to its logical conclusion make you militant? Or does writing a book about it make you militant? Where exactly is the militantism?

While I agree with what I saw in the first 10 minutes (that's all I had time for), the link to the documentary does violate our forum guidelines. This thread will have to be locked/deleted.

Last edited:
Thanks Gokul, link deleted and thread locked.

1. What is a militant atheist?

A militant atheist is someone who actively promotes and defends atheism and often engages in confrontational or aggressive behavior towards religious beliefs and practices.

2. Who is Richard Dawkins and why is he considered a militant atheist?

Richard Dawkins is a British evolutionary biologist, author, and outspoken atheist. He is considered a militant atheist because of his strong criticism of religion and his advocacy for scientific rationality and atheism.

3. How do militant atheists like Dawkins view religion?

Militant atheists like Dawkins generally view religion as a harmful and irrational belief system that should be challenged and ultimately discarded. They often see it as a hindrance to progress and a source of conflict and oppression.

4. Are all atheists considered militant if they are vocal about their lack of belief?

No, not all atheists are considered militant. While some may be vocal about their lack of belief, they may not actively promote or defend atheism and may not engage in confrontational behavior towards religion.

5. How do religious individuals respond to militant atheists like Dawkins?

Responses from religious individuals to militant atheists like Dawkins vary. Some may engage in debate and dialogue, while others may feel offended or attacked. Some may also dismiss their ideas and arguments as atheistic propaganda.