Keyboard not responding, any idea?

In summary, a keyboard may not be responding due to software, hardware, or connectivity issues. Troubleshooting steps include restarting the computer, checking connections and batteries, and seeking professional help. It is also possible for a keyboard to stop responding due to a spilled drink or food, or a virus/malware. Regularly running virus scans and keeping security software up to date can prevent these issues.
Holocene
I have a desktop that I was foced to run a system recovery on. After the recovery was completed, pressing keys would do nothing. The mouse works, so I can navigate around, but I cannot type anything.

Anyone know where I might start? I have two keyboards (USB and serial port) and neither are doing anything.

Thanks a lot.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Does the keyboard work in the bios screen?
Are you able to start in safe mode?

Did you install new drivers since the point that you restored to?

1. Why is my keyboard not responding?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to a software issue, a hardware malfunction, or a connectivity problem.

2. How can I fix my keyboard if it is not responding?

First, try restarting your computer. If that does not work, check the keyboard's connection to the computer. If it is wireless, make sure the batteries are not dead. You can also try unplugging and replugging the keyboard. If these solutions do not work, there may be a deeper issue that requires professional help.

3. Is there a way to troubleshoot my non-responsive keyboard?

Yes, there are several troubleshooting steps you can try. You can check for any updates or driver issues, run a virus scan, or try using the keyboard on another computer to see if the issue persists.

4. Can a spilled drink or food cause a keyboard to stop responding?

Yes, any liquid or food debris can damage the internal components of a keyboard and cause it to malfunction. If this happens, it is best to clean the keyboard as soon as possible and let it dry completely before attempting to use it again.

5. Is it possible for a keyboard to stop responding due to a virus or malware?

Yes, a virus or malware can cause a keyboard to stop responding. It is important to regularly run a virus scan and keep your computer's security software up to date to prevent these types of issues.