TI-89: Can I Get Commas to Separate 000 ?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter slice38
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-89
In summary, there is no native function on the TI-89 calculator to automatically insert commas when displaying large numbers. However, there is an app called "Omnicalc" that can be downloaded to add this feature. Another alternative is to use scientific notation to make large numbers easier to read.
slice38
TI-89: Can I Get Commas to Separate "000"?

Is there a way that I can set my TI-89 up so that when it shows large numbers, there are commas separating the "000"?

Thanks,
Mike

Computer science news on Phys.org
Sorry, I don't think so. Maybe you can try using scientific notation to make large numbers easier to read.

That looks like a bulky program--it has so many garbage functions! Natively, (i.e. no apps used) there is no way, and I don't see how commas are better anyhow. You'd just have to take them out if you use them in calculations. But if you want to install that, sure.

Well, when dealing with large numbers, short of counting the zeros, I personally can't tell what the number is.

Math never was my strong point.

I know what you mean..

I haven't found a way to add comma's yet but what you can do is approx.

(diamond key) -> enter

This gives a value to the 10th power.
i.e. 18200000 -> 1.82e^7

at least this way you don't have to count the zero's

1. Can I change the number format on my TI-89 to include commas for thousands?

Yes, you can change the number format on your TI-89 by going to the "Mode" menu and selecting "Float" or "Float 2" for a comma separator or "Scientific" for a space separator.

2. How do I enter numbers with commas on my TI-89 calculator?

To enter numbers with commas on your TI-89, you can use the comma button located above the decimal point button. This will automatically add a comma to the number you are entering.

3. Can I use commas in calculations on my TI-89?

Yes, you can use commas in calculations on your TI-89. Simply enter the numbers with commas and the calculator will recognize them as separate values.

4. Why do some numbers on my TI-89 have commas and others do not?

The numbers displayed with commas on your TI-89 are determined by the number format you have selected in the "Mode" menu. If you want all numbers to have commas, make sure to select a number format that includes commas.

5. Is there a way to turn off the comma separator on my TI-89?

Yes, you can turn off the comma separator on your TI-89 by selecting the "Sci" or "Eng" number format in the "Mode" menu. These number formats do not include commas for thousands.