Japanese Megaliths: Man-Made or Nature-Made?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: Interesting. At first I was saying, "I've seen rocks that cleave like that!" but then the camera moved across a 45° angle.The largest cut-stones of all time were found in Japan. It was thought that most of the megaliths of this size were in Egypt, but it turns out not to be the case. There is an interesting possibility that these stones were created by mer-men.
Man made or nature made? What are the implications?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMMBLNJqw1M

Physics news on Phys.org
I wasn't able to figure out what you're talking about via Google; could you post a link, please?

In the course of looking, though, I came across this interesting page: "The largest cut-stones of all time" which seems to be well-cited. I find it interesting because I had thought that most of the megaliths of this size were in Egypt, but I guess not.

It occurs to me that it would be an interesting study to do an economic analysis based on them: to use the various proposed methods for cutting and moving these stones, covert that to something like a Gross Domestic Product, and use that to try to reverse-engineer the population sizes that would have been necessary to support these projects, then correlate that to other methods of estimating population size in each area at the time.

There is two ways a monument can end up under water. Either the sea level raises, or then the land descends. There are lot of Earth quakes in Japan, so descending land somewhere there doesn't sound impossible to me.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Watch the video.

Oops, sorry, I have a crappy overactive ad blocker and I couldn't see it at first.

Interesting. At first I was saying, "I've seen rocks that cleave like that!" but then the camera moved across a 45° angle.

jostpuur said:
There is two ways a monument can end up under water. Either the sea level raises, or then the land descends. There are lot of Earth quakes in Japan, so descending land somewhere there doesn't sound impossible to me.

Possibility #3: it was built by mer-men! Aquaman was actually Japanese!

That's a fascinating discovery. I hope there will be a good deal of effort to excavate.

First time I saw it, I immediately thought it was just bassalt collums. However, some of the other regular shapes, like the "square-cut" openeing in one video, make me uncertain.

Sidenote; I was just havign a discussion with someone about whether or not "Intelligent Design Theory" is actual science. This debate about the monolyths came to mind.

This changes everything we ever thought!

There was no Lost Civilisation of Atlantis, there was a Lost Civilisation of Pacifis.

I hope they find some tool marks in the stone, othwise it will be claimed as a quirk of nature.

It is claimed to be a quirk of nature.

1. What are Japanese megaliths?

Japanese megaliths are large stone structures found in various locations throughout Japan. They consist of massive stones arranged in specific patterns or formations, and they are believed to have been built by ancient civilizations for religious or cultural purposes.

2. How old are these megaliths?

The exact age of Japanese megaliths is still a subject of debate among scientists and archaeologists. However, they are estimated to be between 2,000 and 5,000 years old, dating back to the Jomon and Yayoi periods.

3. Are these megaliths man-made or natural formations?

This is a highly controversial topic, with no definitive answer. Some experts argue that these megaliths are entirely man-made, while others believe that they are natural formations modified by humans. Further research and excavation are needed to determine the true origin of these structures.

4. What is the purpose of these megaliths?

The purpose of Japanese megaliths is still not fully understood. Some theories suggest that they were used for religious ceremonies, burials, or as astronomical calendars. Others believe that they may have served as markers for important locations, such as trade routes or water sources.

5. How were these megaliths built?

The construction methods used to build Japanese megaliths are still a mystery. It is believed that ancient civilizations used primitive tools and techniques to move and lift the massive stones into place. However, the exact methods used are still unknown and continue to be a subject of study and speculation.