Brave Guy Leaps Off Cliff For Girl Making Some People Laugh N Cry.

• Thread starter FinlandGirl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
I type this.So...he wanted to be a movie maker?In summary, a video titled "GERONIMO! Brave Guy Leaps Off Cliff For Girl Making Some People Laugh N Cry" has been circulating on multiple forums through a spam campaign. The video follows a man's attempt to impress his ex-girlfriend by performing physical stunts and ends with him jumping off a cliff. Many viewers found the video pointless and boring, with some even questioning the purpose behind the man's actions. The video has caused mixed reactions and some have even called out the spam campaign for promoting it.
FinlandGirl
I was just up tonight browsing and I came across this video link and I had to share. After reading the emotional comments I watched it and was really impressed. At first I was wondering what in the world was this guy doing moving around all these rocks and tires and bales of hay and then he climbed this super steep mountain at the end after swiming across the ocean and then it all came together and I was like OOHHHHHHHH MYYY GAWWDDDDDD! (tears in my eyes...now..) Here it is:

What do you guys think of this? I'm kinda old fashioned I guess but I just thought this was the most amazing thing considering the guy filmed it all by himself and gave so much effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I'm sorry, but that is one of the most pointless, boring videos I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

He could never love Loren as much as he loves his pecs.

Evo said:
I'm sorry, but that is one of the most boring videos I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

I only got through the first minute of watching him flex his muscles for the camera and gave up. :yuck: :zzz:

Oh, brother. Someone owes me 7:43 minutes of my life that I will never see again. :rolleyes:

Doc Al said:
Oh, brother. Someone owes me 7:43 minutes of my life that I will never see again. :rolleyes:
:rofl: That is EXACTLY what I was going to say!

I've learned that when someone posts a youtube video in the middle of the night, you have to cut your losses early when watching if you aren't drunk or sleep-deprived.

Moonbear said:
I've learned that when someone posts a youtube video in the middle of the night, you have to cut your losses early when watching if you aren't drunk or sleep-deprived.
Buwahahaha. :tongue:

So did that clown actually jump off a cliff at some point? I must have dozed off.

Doc Al said:
So did that clown actually jump off a cliff at some point? I must have dozed off.
No, unfortunately he didn't.

And he didn't swim across any ocean, he did a few laps in a pond.

Evo said:
No, unfortunately he didn't.

:rofl: Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't watch until the end. Watching him jump off (or get pushed off) a cliff would have been the only thing worthwhile about continuing to watch that one.

I don't get it. Did he die, or did his girlfriend die, or am I way off mark?

cristo said:
A little part of me died, but I'm ready to move on.

I think his girlfriend gave him the slip two years ago and never looked back. I guess he just realized she was gone.

cristo said:
I think he's just a narcissist.

And a psycho stalker, from what I have gathered she left him (and with good reason, apparently).

Doc Al said:

:rofl:

Evo said:
I think he's just a narcissist.

Yea, you're probably right.

Doc Al said:

I think his girlfriend gave him the slip two years ago and never looked back. I guess he just realized she was gone.
:rofl: Doc, you're killing me!

How many other forums did Finlandgirl join the other night in order to boost the view count of this video?

Is it supposed to be some kind of tragic love story?

Did the girl died?

Moonbear said:

I always watch the first 30 seconds or so them move the slider at the bottom to the middle, then to end. It was all over is 60 seconds for me.

Wait a minute, no comments on the "all over in 60 seconds" part please.

rootX said:
Is it supposed to be some kind of tragic love story?

Did the girl died?

The guy put a lot of effort into not including that information. I think we were supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Then again maybe he left that part out so he could put in some more tire flipping.

edward said:
The guy put a lot of effort into not including that information. I think we were supposed to come up with our own conclusions. Then again maybe he left that part out so he could put in some more tire flipping.
The girl is fine, he's a psycho and scared her off, she wouldn't even tell him where she was moving.

edward said:
Wait a minute, no comments on the "all over in 60 seconds" part please.

:grumpy: Joke killer!

I'm having more fun reading the comments about it here than watching any part of it.

And yes, Chi, I have similar doubts.

Uhhhhhhh. She left him. He must be a psycho. What a terrible, terrible video. I really really really want 8 minutes of my life back. Wow.

Chi Meson said:
How many other forums did Finlandgirl join the other night in order to boost the view count of this video?

THIS is a SPAM promotion!
Spread the word Everywhere that you can.
I joined this Forum to give notice.
A Forum on which I am a Moderator was hit too.
Google the title...
GERONIMO! Brave Guy Leaps Off Cliff For Girl Making Some People Laugh N Cry.

That title was altered a tad for the Forum that I'm on.
On our forum, the title was posted as,
Crying..Brave Man Leaps Off Cliff For Girl making People Laugh N Cry. OMG
In ALL cases, the user Registered, (Various names across the Forums), posted once or twice, then posted the link to this vid.
Help me spread the word that this Godawful Video is being promoted by a SPAM campaign that Doesn't involve SPAMBOTS.
There's no way that I can register on and post in every Forum that Google popped up when I inserted that title.
Some forums have already figured it out, others are still debating the absurdity of the Psycho Jock, Gay, Bizzarity.
I THINK it's tied to Promotion for a forthcoming "Captain America" movie.
Here's my only reason for guessing that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWDyoO42qIw&feature=related
Don't Click on the link if you don't want to add to their "Clicked" count. Only do it if you are researching the issue. It IS a Safe Link, I just don't like helping their SPAM cause by having everyone click on my reference to show that there may be a motive for their SPAMMING.
Please Advise your Administrators and spread the word on all forums to which you are registered.
Thank You... Just looking out for everyone, and I Love Physics too.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks, we figured it was spam. And that was the suckiest video I've ever seen. At least it gave us something to ridicule.

No Problem.
Glad to Help.
It showed up on focaljet this morning.
One of our Admins ran the IP Address after I was suspicious, but it came up as unique and nothing seemed "Odd" other than the posting style.
The age of the poster registered was 41, so we excused the odd style. (I'm 39, so we didn't assume "Old Person", just an excuse for maybe not being "hip". ;-) )
One of our members then posted that he had seen the Same post on two other forums that he frequents, and after I asked, he provided the links.
One of those links had a link to the Google Search with the "official" title, which showed all of the Forums to which it had been posted with the same MO.
SOMEONE is going through a lot of legwork... Registering... posting a couple of "Legit posts", and then linking to the video IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM on the given site.
Despite the Crappy Acting, I'll bet that there's a serious budget behind this deal, UNLESS the "guy who made the video" (Questionably) is just such a psycho that he's sitting at home, posing as women, and posting in as many forums as possible to "find his lost love". :rolleyes:
The username on our forum was "SolarGirl".
"Finlandgirl" is Cooler, but I've seen others as well in my research.
I'm impressed with the steps that have been taken to disguise the SPAM.
I HOPE that it isn't a sign of more to come.

For those who are curious about my Love of Physics...
I'm no Mathematician, but I respect it.
If you walk me through it, I can Follow, but I have issues with ADD and Memory, so I can't remember formulas for crap, despite understanding them as I see them worked.
If you Google Victor Irby, you'll find info for my Step-Dad.
He's an AMAZING Physics story.
Maybe someone will take up his main topic and run with it, as he has been too discouraged by "Academic Politics" to pursue due recognition.
He has experimentally solved one of Einstein's quandaries...
Einstein called it, "Spooky Action at a Distance".
We're talking about the actions of Sub-Atomic Particles if you're new to this, and Vic stumbled upon something VERY Intriguing as he made efforts to improve the resolution of the equipment that measures the results of particle collisions.
Read his work for more info. (NOT for the Faint-hearted. It took YEARS to find a sufficient number of peers who felt qualified to give a good review of his thesis so that it might be OFFICIALLY "Published".)
I'm a "Layman" and I don't wish to disservice his work by mis-stating any more than I may already have.
Thanks again for addressing the SPAM issue, and wherever possible, spread the word to other Forums so that we might limit the success of this "Sneaky" SPAM Technique so that it may be reduced in the future. Awareness is the Best weapon.
:)

Just in case you didn't know, spam can be spelled in lowercase; it's legal.

DaveC426913 said:
Just in case you didn't know, spam can be spelled in lowercase; it's legal.
You're Bored, aren't you?
Would you like to give me a dissertation regarding from where the name SPAM came?
In my admitted lack of knowledge on the subject, for all that I know, it's an acronym, so I capitalized it accordingly.
Please pardon my ignorance getting in the way of the actual Obvious point.
:rolleyes::blushing:
I was just trying to give a Friendly "Heads Up" to a Community which I Respect.
:smile:

I thought so!

Do I get a point? Can I add it to the trivia score? Integral is way ahead!

Wow, way to go! Join the forum just to resurrect a dead thread on suspicions of spam. :rolleyes:

Michael Xi said:
Would you like to give me a dissertation regarding from where the name SPAM came?
In my admitted lack of knowledge on the subject, for all that I know, it's an acronym, so I capitalized it accordingly.
Please pardon my ignorance getting in the way of the actual Obvious point.
:rolleyes::blushing:
I was just trying to give a Friendly "Heads Up" to a Community which I Respect.
:smile:

Chi Meson said:
I thought so!

Do I get a point? Can I add it to the trivia score? Integral is way ahead!

What do you mean, "I thought so!"? No one provided the dissertation, yet! How could you know if you were right or wrong!?

Anyway:
Wikipedia said:
Origin of the term "spam"
It is widely believed the term spam is derived from the 1970 SPAM sketch of the BBC television comedy series "Monty Python's Flying Circus".

The sketch is set in a cafe where nearly every item on the menu includes SPAM luncheon meat. As the waiter recites the SPAM-filled menu, a chorus of Viking patrons drowns out all conversations with a song repeating "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM... lovely SPAM, wonderful SPAM", hence "SPAMming" the dialogue. The excessive amount of SPAM mentioned in the sketch is a reference to British rationing during World War II. SPAM was one of the few meat products that avoided rationing, and hence was widely available.

In the 1980s the term was adopted to describe certain abusive users who frequented BBSs and MUDs, who would repeat "SPAM" a huge number of times to scroll other users' text off the screen. In early Chat rooms services like PeopleLink and the early days of AOL, they actually flooded the screen with quotes from the Monty Python Spam sketch. With internet connections over phone lines, typically running at 1200 or even 300 BAUD, it could take an enormous amount of time for a spammy logo, drawn in ASCII art to scroll to completion on a viewer's terminal. Sending an irritating, large, meaningless block of text in this way was called spamming. This was used as a tactic by insiders of a group that wanted to drive newcomers out of the room so the usual conversation could continue. It was also used to prevent members of rival groups from chatting—for instance, Star Wars fans often invaded Star Trek chat rooms, filling the space with blocks of text until the Star Trek fans left. This act, previously called flooding or trashing, came to be known as spamming. The term was soon applied to a large amount of text broadcast by many users.

It later came to be used on Usenet to mean excessive multiple posting—the repeated posting of the same message. The unwanted message would appear in many if not all newsgroups, just as SPAM appeared in all the menu items in the Monty Python sketch. The first usage of this sense was by Joel Furr in the aftermath of the ARMM incident of March 31, 1993, in which a piece of experimental software released dozens of recursive messages onto the news.admin.policy newsgroup. This use had also become established—to spam Usenet was flooding newsgroups with junk messages. The word was also attributed to the flood of "Make Money Fast" messages that clogged many newsgroups during the 1990s.

In 1998, the New Oxford Dictionary of English, which had previously only defined "spam" in relation to the trademarked food product, added a second definition to its entry for "spam": "Irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of newsgroups or users."

There are three popular false etymologies of the word "spam". The first, promulgated by early spammers Canter & Siegel, is that "spamming" is what happens when one dumps a can of SPAM luncheon meat into a fan blade. The second is the backronym "**** posing as mail." The third is similar, using "stupid pointless annoying messages." Another false etymology is the Esperanto interpretation: The term spamo (with the o-ending designating nouns) makes sense as "senpete alsendita mesaĝo", which means "a message sent to someone without request".

So, no, you don't have to capitalize every letter of "spam". You fell for a false etymology.

BobG said:
So, no, you don't have to capitalize every letter of "spam". You fell for a false etymology.

I thought so!

Another point!

Michael Xi said:
It was more a reference to the sense of urgency and alarm in your post. It sounded like you were trying protect us from some sort of harm by saving us from watching the video. :rolleyes:

(Besides, it's not spam anyway. It's not being shoved at anyone. What it is, is viral marketing (the difference being that viewers particpate willingly, and the message is propogated by the viewers.)

Now, none of this is to say that I don't appreciate you letting me/us know that there's a nefarious purpose behind this erstwhile innocent video...

Last edited:

BobG said:
Code:
In the 1980s the term was adopted to describe certain abusive users who frequented BBSs and MUDs, who would repeat "SPAM" a huge number of times to scroll other users' text off the screen.
Now this I did not know. That pushes the origin back another step to the earliest uses of the term.

Though I'm still curious as to who made the first connection. I doubt these mischievous bandwidth abusers were clever enough to ivent that connection themselves.

DaveC426913 said:
Now, none of this is to say that I don't appreciate you letting me/us know that there's a nefarious purpose behind this erstwhile innocent
and crappy
video...

1. What motivated the brave guy to leap off the cliff?

The brave guy was motivated by his love for the girl and his desire to make her laugh and cry in a romantic gesture.

2. Was the leap off the cliff dangerous?

Yes, the leap off the cliff was dangerous as it involved a high risk of injury or even death. It should not be attempted without proper safety measures and training.

3. Did the girl ask the brave guy to leap off the cliff?

No, the girl did not ask the brave guy to leap off the cliff. It was a spontaneous act by the brave guy to express his love for her.

4. Did the brave guy have any experience or training before the leap?

It is not mentioned whether the brave guy had any prior experience or training before the leap. However, it is always recommended to have proper training and safety measures in place before attempting such stunts.

5. Did the leap off the cliff have any impact on the girl?

The impact of the leap off the cliff on the girl is not specified. However, it can be assumed that it had a strong emotional impact on her as it was a grand gesture of love from the brave guy.