Learning Pseudocode: Seeking Help with Assignments

• Thread starter vucollegeguy
  • Start date
In summary: For example, to calculate the average of the positive numbers in an array, you would need to first read in the array, then loop through the array to find the positive numbers, and finally calculate the average. Good luck!
vucollegeguy
I've done flowcharts for my assignments, but I have no clue how to make pseudocodes. I've tried to follow the flowcharts using them as a guide but it's not helping me because I don't understand. Also, I have no programming experience.

Any help with any of the following is greatly appreciated.

1) Read positive integer N and write the first N even numbers.
2) Read positive integer N and calculate their sum.
3) Read positive integer N and calculate the average of the positive number from this array.
4) Read positive integer N and calculate N! only if N is a positive integer.
5) Estimate the integral of x2 from 1 to 2.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Physics news on Phys.org
vucollegeguy said:
I've done flowcharts for my assignments, but I have no clue how to make pseudocodes. I've tried to follow the flowcharts using them as a guide but it's not helping me because I don't understand. Also, I have no programming experience.

Any help with any of the following is greatly appreciated.

1) Read positive integer N and write the first N even numbers.
2) Read positive integer N and calculate their sum.
3) Read positive integer N and calculate the average of the positive number from this array.
4) Read positive integer N and calculate N! only if N is a positive integer.
5) Estimate the integral of x2 from 1 to 2.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

In pseudocode, you write code-like statements that use a variety of control structures such as conditional branches (if - then -else statements), loops, input statements, output statements, and so on. If you are expected to write pseudocode, surely there are some examples in your text or notes for you to follow.

If that still stumps you, try just writing out the steps you would take to do these problems.

1. What is pseudocode?

Pseudocode is a high-level, informal programming language that allows programmers to describe an algorithm or process in simple, human-readable terms. It is not an actual programming language, but rather a way to plan and design code before writing it in a specific language.

2. Why is learning pseudocode important?

Learning pseudocode is important because it helps programmers to think logically and break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable steps. It also allows for easier communication and collaboration among team members, as pseudocode is easier to understand than actual code.

3. How can I learn pseudocode?

There are many resources available to help you learn pseudocode, including online tutorials, books, and courses. It is also helpful to practice writing pseudocode for different types of problems and to seek feedback from others.

4. Can pseudocode be used in any programming language?

Yes, pseudocode can be used as a guide for writing code in any programming language. However, it is important to keep in mind that different languages have different syntax and rules, so the pseudocode may need to be adapted accordingly.

5. How can I get help with my pseudocode assignments?

If you are struggling with your pseudocode assignments, there are several options for seeking help. You can reach out to your instructor, classmates, or online forums for assistance. It may also be helpful to break down the problem into smaller steps and focus on one at a time.