Integrating Time in 3D Plot Movie

In summary, the speaker is looking for a way to add a timer to their movie that displays the actual time as the 3D plot varies over time. They are unsure of how to do this and are seeking help.
AnneQuist
I managed to make a movie which displays my research results as a 3Dplot which varies over time. Now I would like to ad the actual time in my movie. Say I have data from 12:00 until 14:00, can I make some kind of counter so I can see what time it is in the movie?

Hope someone can help me out here!

Regards,
Anne

Physics news on Phys.org
You could always just throw a timer in the title of the plot.

Topher925 said:
You could always just throw a timer in the title of the plot.

I'm sorry I don't know how that works and I don't quite get the MATLAB help...

1. How can I add time to my 3D plot movie?

To add time to a 3D plot movie, you can use a time series dataset as the input for your plot. By specifying the time variable as the third axis, you can create a 3D plot that represents changes over time.

2. Can I control the speed of the time in my 3D plot movie?

Yes, you can control the speed of the time in your 3D plot movie by adjusting the frame rate or the duration of each time step in your plot. This will determine how quickly the plot moves through the time series data.

3. Is it possible to add annotations or labels to the time axis in my 3D plot movie?

Yes, you can add annotations or labels to the time axis in your 3D plot movie to provide more context to your visualization. This can be done by using the appropriate formatting options for the time axis in your chosen plotting software.

4. Can I add a color gradient to represent time in my 3D plot movie?

Absolutely. You can add a color gradient to your 3D plot movie to represent changes over time. This can be done by mapping a color scale to your time variable, with different colors representing different time points.

5. How can I export my 3D plot movie with time to a video file?

Most plotting software will have an option to export your 3D plot movie with time to a video file. You can usually select the desired file format and specify the frame rate or duration of each time step before exporting. This will create a video file that can be easily shared and viewed by others.