Multi-quote button doesn't work

• Thread starter JM
  • Start date
In summary, the user is seeking help with operating postings and is experiencing three problems: the multi-quote button not working, being logged out when writing a long answer, and getting an error page after writing a long answer. The solution for the multi-quote button is to press it on each post and hit the "quote" and "multi-quote" buttons on the last post. The user should also check if their browser is accepting cookies and select the "remember me" button when logging in. It is also recommended to write long responses in a separate document and copy and paste them into the post.
JM
I'm looking for some help operating the postings. My problens are: 1 the multi-quote button doesn't work, 2 If I do any length of an answer I have to log in again even though I've already loged in, and 3 after I write a long answer I get a page saying I can't post it, because the web page is expired or some other reason ( and all my work disappers). How can I avoid these problems?

Physics news on Phys.org

JM said:
I'm looking for some help operating the postings. My problens are: 1 the multi-quote button doesn't work, 2 If I do any length of an answer I have to log in again even though I've already loged in, and 3 after I write a long answer I get a page saying I can't post it, because the web page is expired or some other reason ( and all my work disappers). How can I avoid these problems?
The way the multi-quote button works is that you press the multi-quote button on exch post you wish to copy, then hit the "quote" button along with the "multi-quote" button on the last post.

Have you restricted your browser from accepting cookies? That seems to be a common reason people get logged out. Also, be sure to select the "remember me" button when you log in.

If you are writing a long response, it's better to write it in something like Word or notepad, then copy and paste it into a post when you are finished.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Thanks Evo, I'll try those things.

What is the multi-quote button and how does it work?

The multi-quote button is a feature commonly found in online forums and discussion boards. It allows users to select and quote multiple posts in a single reply. To use the multi-quote button, simply click on it next to the posts you want to quote, and then click on the "reply" or "quote" button to include the selected posts in your response.

Why is the multi-quote button not working for me?

There could be several reasons why the multi-quote button is not working. It could be due to a technical issue with the website, or it could be a problem with your internet connection or browser. It's also possible that the multi-quote feature is not available on the particular forum or discussion board you are using.

How can I fix the multi-quote button if it's not working?

If the multi-quote button is not working, try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache. If the issue persists, you can try using a different browser or device. If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the website's technical support team for further assistance.

Is the multi-quote button available on all forums and discussion boards?

No, the multi-quote button is not a universal feature and may not be available on all forums and discussion boards. It's important to check the forum's rules and guidelines to see if multi-quoting is allowed or if there is a specific method for quoting multiple posts.

Are there any alternative ways to quote multiple posts if the multi-quote button is not available?

Yes, if the multi-quote button is not available, you can manually quote multiple posts by copying and pasting the desired text into your reply. Some forums also have a "quote" button next to each individual post that allows you to quote that specific post in your reply.