At Center of Earth: Weightless or Crushed?

In summary: How would you not experience the weight of all the Earth above you. You would not feel its gravity, but you would feel its weight. If i bury you alive, you surely will feel the weight of all that soil around you. In fact, you would hardly be able to dig your way out. Just like a person in an avalanche is unable to dig himself out of a couple feet of snow.
renek said:
Ok listen up all u dopey heads.
You are using the right formula but you all made the same mistake. You would not experience a force of zero lols

Let me demonstrate:

Using Newtons law of universal gravitation

F=GMm/r^2 (which i am sure we all know)

G=Universal Gravitational constant
M=Mass of earth
m=mass of you
r=Distance between you and the centre of the earth

The force of gravity experienced at the centre of the Earth equals to

= 6.67 × 10^-11 x (Mass of Earth) x (Mass of you)

Since distance between you and the centre of the Earth is zero, we end up dividing the huge number at the top by zero.
As we all know, anything divided by zero is INFINITY (as 0 goes into any number an infinite number of times)

Therefore magnitude of gravity at the centre of the Earth is infinite

When we are at the centre of the Earth we will experience INFINTE gravity (theoretically).

We will not experience no gravity.
Sorry, but this is completely incorrect. Only under certain circumstance can you treat the mass of the Earth as concentrated at a single point. To find the net gravitational field within the earth, you must add up the individual contributions from each element of the Earth's mass.

And this thread is years old.

Physics news on Phys.org
renek said:
We will not experience no gravity.
So in which direction will the gravitational force vector point, at the center of the Earth?

didnt the original question suggest pressure...we should stop debating and revert to the original quest.

robsharp14 said:
didnt the original question suggest pressure...we should stop debating and revert to the original quest.
What debate? The original question was settled years ago.

i just noticed how old this post is