What treasures did Scott Chinery collect before his death?

• Thread starter The legend
  • Start date
In summary: A-4x4-armoured-vehicle-failed-pass-police-check-drive-N-Ireland.html [UK]A 4x4 armoured vehicle failed to pass police check to drive in N Ireland.
The legend
I like Lamborghini Reventon.
Sleek, powerful, and only 20 to be made!
(Veyron is good too!)

so..Which is your favourite??

Physics news on Phys.org

The fancy ones are all great, one of my favourites being the Veyron. When down comes to dirty, though, I'm still in love with my Roadrunner.

Maybe the 2cv,

a ... rugged "umbrella on four wheels" that would enable two peasants to drive 100 kg (220 lb) of farm goods to market at 60 km/h (37 mph), in clogs and across muddy unpaved roads if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

My vote is for the Trabant complete with go faster stripes and a nodding dog.

My vote goes for Porsche gt3 rs, but any Porsche 911 is simply amazing.

I like the Alfa Giulia, the Jag D type and the Lotus Elise. I'm also pretty happy with my Seven and 911.

wolram said:
I vote for Reliant Robin.

That's just sick. :yuck:

wolram said:
I vote for Reliant Robin.

Only if you have a roll cage in it.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster" [Broken], its beautiful

Well, I'm sure this isn't what you meant...

[PLAIN]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs553.ash1/32248_104973812881669_100001071534511_42016_5001956_n.jpg [Broken]

But stick with me; my story gets better. Above you see my first car (or rather: my grandfather's last car *sob*). Anyway, it was really more of a sentimental thing, rather than a fantastic piece of blingage.

ORIGINALLY, it was a '92 Buick Century Special.

[PLAIN]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs553.ash1/32248_104980156214368_100001071534511_42037_5482263_n.jpg [Broken]

At some point after it became mine, I rear ended an SUV with a boat hitch, thereby totaling my front end. And being the kind of kook that I am (and I really couldn't afford to fix it anyway), I decided to put my older sister's front end (from an '85 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera) on onto my car (we were junking her's anyhow).

It took some minor modifications (thanks entirely to my brother Jim); but eventually, with a cheap paint job at Maaco, I got it to look like this...

[PLAIN]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs553.ash1/32248_104980169547700_100001071534511_42038_68989_n.jpg [Broken]

Ahem...thank-you.

Now, to be a good sport, I should just like to mention also that I was totally in love with this car when I first saw it...

2009SELFUSION.png

2009 SEL Dark Ink Blue Ford Fusion; which to me at least, is even nicer than the present incarnation.

Ferrari GTO 250. I know (professionally only) a fellow that owns one, and he paid millions for it. Of course he could well afford it, so that's not a concern, but he did buy near the top of the market. He dabbles in other collectibles, too, which is how I came to have him on my call-list.

FrancisZ said:
Well, I'm sure this isn't what you meant...

Right about that..

Though the story does get interesting as you said!

turbo-1 said:
Ferrari GTO 250. I know (professionally only) a fellow that owns one, and he paid millions for it. Of course he could well afford it, so that's not a concern, but he did buy near the top of the market. He dabbles in other collectibles, too, which is how I came to have him on my call-list.

Hell, yes.

Pagani Zonda has to be my favourite, everything a supercar should be. But the Veyron is the greatest car ever made. fact.

Could only be owned by a drug dealer. Very successful drug dealer mind you.

:blushing: I regret: I really don't have much enthusiasm for cars I could never afford. To me, a lot of them just look like a rendition of the Lamborghini Diablo anyway.

I really more love the classics...

57fury2.jpg

That's my American-ness showing, I guess.

I like the VW golf! its safe too!

Probably the worst car my family has ever owned (and that's a tough call, considering it's via for that title with my mother's mid 70's Datsun) was an '81 Subaru DL or GL Wagon hatchback.

Which looked something like this...

[PLAIN]http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/specs/general/gen3wa01.jpg [Broken]

Ours was metallic blue; and the interior almost always smelled like vomit (we threw up a lot as kids...I once even threw up in the lobby of a movie theater before seeing E.T.).

I guess the reason we all felt such strong feels about this particular car--and even to this day--is on account of it scaring the living daylights out of us on regular basis.

For instance: it was supposed to be a 4WD, and yet somehow it got stuck at the beach on fairly level terrain. The engine was so salt corroded even after only a few years (it lasted about 5 total), it was actually too disgusting to look at. And, of course, you might be wondering by now: what a child was doing looking under the hood so much. Well one guess...it broke down--A LOT! Stranding us, frequently--on the freaking beach! Guess we went to the beach too much, huh?

[URL]http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/1985_Subaru_GL_Engine_1.jpg[/URL]

And scariest of all: it had a donut tire mounted to the engine--THAT'S HOW TINY IT WAS. 4 cylinder 4WD my expletive deleted! The only thing that even comes close to the puniness of that engine is my brother's Geo metro 3 cylinder (and even that I think looks bigger somehow).

Finally, after many years of rotting away in our driveway, and making itself a general eyesore to the neighborhood, it actually had to be dragged away, because the wheels had locked. It's almost as if it didn't want to leave.

One interesting thing my brother discovered while prepping it to go, is that the car seemed to have had a third headlight, that we never knew about. It was under the Subaru insignia; which apropo enough, basically fell off completely undisturbed upon the arrival of the tow truck. Maybe it was there to light up the symbol? I don't know; and honestly, I don't remember it ever doing that either.

nucleargirl said:
I like the VW golf! its safe too!

The GTI is my everyday favourite car (currently own a Mk4, previous owned a MK2), It's absolutely always been that way. My semi obtainable 'cool car' would be the Delta Integrale in red or yellow.

So far this thread has produces some beauties and some complete shockers. I'm not really a fan of Ferrari as a company, but the 250 GTO is a stunning car.

i like classics
'67 shelby cobra:
1967_shelby_cobra-pic-30251.jpe

'67 mustang fastback:
1967-ford-mustang-fastback-pic-44369.jpe

'67 chevrolet impala:
1967_chevrolet_impala-pic-61481.jpe

A 67 mustang with alloy wheels? Did they use vented brake discs back then?

This is by far the coolest car on the road right now.

honda_fcx_clarity.jpg

Chhitiz, FINALLY someone with good taste in cars on this forum!

Topher925 said:
This is by far the coolest car on the road right now.

honda_fcx_clarity.jpg

Testicles not included.

I saw a nice black scagletti with a grey stripe down the hood on the road the other day, a fine piece of machinery.

2010-Ferrari-Sports-Cars-612-Scaglietti-8.gif

Last edited:

Cyrus said:
I saw a nice black scagletti with a grey stripe down the hoodon the road the other day, a fine piece of machinery.

2010-Ferrari-Sports-Cars-612-Scaglietti-8.gif

Hey nice!

http://www.autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20090904/CARREVIEWS/909049998/spyker-aileron.jpg

SPYKER

I can't decide whether I like it. It looks like a kids toy that came from China. On the road it looks hot. Well...at least old geezer hot.

Heres something great I saw from superhero movie(must see this movie too)(a good change from spiderman!)

superhero_movie.jpg

Here it is!

THE NISSAN SHITBOX
[PLAIN]http://blog.chosun.com/web_file/blog/393/8893/1/%5Bts%5Dsm.avi_001644598.jpg [Broken]

By the way should this be in the fail post?

i want a GT40
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UAnlMNvK8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVeGuCs1R4c

As a kid, I used to dream of owning one of these old mean beasties...

buick.png
This, I believe, is a '76 Buick Electra; one which has been nicely modified (slightly). Beautiful black paint job.

<h2>1. What type of treasures did Scott Chinery collect?</h2><p>Scott Chinery was an avid collector of rare and vintage guitars, specifically those from the 1920s and 1930s. He also collected other musical instruments, such as banjos and mandolins, as well as music memorabilia.</p><h2>2. How many treasures did Scott Chinery collect before his death?</h2><p>It is estimated that Scott Chinery had over 1,300 guitars in his collection before his death in 2000. He also had a large collection of other musical instruments and memorabilia.</p><h2>3. Where did Scott Chinery acquire his treasures?</h2><p>Scott Chinery acquired his treasures from various sources, including private collectors, auctions, and music shops. He also traveled extensively to find rare and unique pieces for his collection.</p><h2>4. What is the estimated value of Scott Chinery's collection?</h2><p>The estimated value of Scott Chinery's collection is around $50 million. His collection included some of the most rare and valuable guitars in the world, making it one of the most valuable guitar collections in history.</p><h2>5. What happened to Scott Chinery's collection after his death?</h2><p>After Scott Chinery's death, his collection was auctioned off by Christie's in 2004. The collection was split into two parts, with the first part being sold in New York and the second part in London. The total sales from the auction were over $7 million.</p>

1. What type of treasures did Scott Chinery collect?

Scott Chinery was an avid collector of rare and vintage guitars, specifically those from the 1920s and 1930s. He also collected other musical instruments, such as banjos and mandolins, as well as music memorabilia.

2. How many treasures did Scott Chinery collect before his death?

It is estimated that Scott Chinery had over 1,300 guitars in his collection before his death in 2000. He also had a large collection of other musical instruments and memorabilia.

3. Where did Scott Chinery acquire his treasures?

Scott Chinery acquired his treasures from various sources, including private collectors, auctions, and music shops. He also traveled extensively to find rare and unique pieces for his collection.

4. What is the estimated value of Scott Chinery's collection?

The estimated value of Scott Chinery's collection is around $50 million. His collection included some of the most rare and valuable guitars in the world, making it one of the most valuable guitar collections in history.

5. What happened to Scott Chinery's collection after his death?

After Scott Chinery's death, his collection was auctioned off by Christie's in 2004. The collection was split into two parts, with the first part being sold in New York and the second part in London. The total sales from the auction were over $7 million.