Please help. Very hard probability question with unusual wording

In summary, the probability of catching the bus on any given day depends on the mode of transport used on the previous day, with a probability of 0.7 if the bus was taken and 0.25 if the car was driven. Using Bayes' theorem, we can calculate the following probabilities: (a) the probability of driving the car tomorrow given that the bus was taken today, (b) the probability of catching the bus to work, (c) the probability of catching the bus yesterday given that the bus was taken today, and (d) the probability of catching the bus on Wednesday given that the car was driven on Monday.
cloud360

Homework Statement

Suppose that each day I either catch the bus to work or drive my car to work. Suppose that the
probability I catch the bus on any particular day only depends on the mode of transport I used on the
previous day, and is 0.7 if I caught the bus on the previous day and 0.25 if I drove my car to work.
(a) What is the probability I drive my car to work tomorrow given that I caught the bus today?
(b) What is the probability I catch the bus to work?
(c) What is the probability I caught the bus yesterday given that I caught the bus today?
(d) What is the probability I catch the bus on Wednesday given that I drove by car to work on
Monday?

Homework Equations

none

The Attempt at a Solution

How do you do this?

Especially D. i think you use bayed theoram.

Just don't know how to do D !

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone

1. What is the probability question about?

The probability question is about solving a problem that involves calculating the likelihood of a specific outcome or event occurring.

2. What makes this probability question difficult?

This probability question may be difficult due to the unusual wording or complexity of the scenario being presented.

3. Can you explain the wording of the question?

Yes, as a scientist, I can analyze and break down the wording of the question to help clarify its meaning and make it easier to understand.

4. What background knowledge is needed to solve this probability question?

A strong understanding of basic probability concepts, such as calculating probabilities, using combinations and permutations, and understanding conditional probabilities, is necessary to solve this question.

5. Are there any tips or strategies for solving this probability question?

Yes, some helpful tips for solving this probability question may include breaking down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts, drawing a diagram or creating a table to organize information, and checking your work for accuracy.