Does consciousness survive death? A BBC investigation.

• Thread starter Forestman
  • Start date
In summary, a BBC investigation delved into the question of whether consciousness survives death. The investigation explored various perspectives and evidence, including near-death experiences, reincarnation studies, and the concept of a soul. While there is no definitive answer, the investigation suggests that consciousness may continue to exist in some form after death, but the exact nature of this existence remains a mystery. The investigation also highlighted the cultural and personal beliefs that shape our understanding of death and consciousness. Overall, the topic remains complex and thought-provoking, with no clear conclusion reached.
pftest said:
I see the problem. Please read my posts without thinking that I am trying to support Forestman's views or that i am claiming what he claims. I am merely putting a few scientific sources on the table, and, as i mentioned, I am not convinced either way.

Your initial post here jumps into support forestman's claim of "consciousness surviving death", which you have continued to do throughout this thread.

So far, I have not seen anything in the papers provided that is even remotely relevant to this. Support for NDE's happening at the point of nearly dying, certainly. But nothing to support the initial claims. This is where my problem stems. Claims made and evidence provided aren't discussing the same thing.

@Ivan: There is a lot of confusion here, but I hope you understand my point above and it clarifies my stance in this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm locking this until I've had time to review the information in detail. I was in PF withdrawal and needed some play time today.