Physics in Medicine and Solid State Physics exams

In summary: Classical Mechanics & Relativity 2? I think you need to take a course on Classical Mechanics & Relativity if you want to learn more about it. It's a really interesting topic.Classical Mechanics & Relativity 2? I think you need to take a course on Classical Mechanics & Relativity if you want to learn more about it. It's a really interesting topic.
phucci
Im just sat here in the "Learning Grid" of my University studying for my Physics in Medicine and Solid State Physics exams in 3weeks. It isn't much fun but what's even worse is the prospect of studying for my other courses i have exams for in the next 2months:

Quantum Mechanics I
Relativistic Cosmology
Stellar Structures
Real Solids II
Weather and Environment
Optoelectronics and Lasers
Introduction to Elementry Particles and Nuclei
Introduction to Synergetics
Ferroics
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance

I am appealing for and offering sympathy to anyone in a similar position

Physics news on Phys.org
Quantum mechanics? I thought that people didn't know enough about that stuff... Imagine that you're mid-session and someone finds out something that proves that everything you learned is wrong :)

ToxicBug said:
Quantum mechanics? I thought that people didn't know enough about that stuff... Imagine that you're mid-session and someone finds out something that proves that everything you learned is wrong :)

?? Where did you hear this. :confused: :confused:

Then why do we still learn non-relativistic physics?

If you're in 3rd year, how come you're only doing QM I? I thought most places made you do QM in the first year, then usually some more afterwards. Either way, I feel sorry for you.. QM is possibly the most boring and hardest area of Physics IMO. I have 9 exams this year:

Classical Mechanics & Relativity 2
Electromagnetism 2
Statistical Physics and Entropy
Astronomical and Space Instrumentation
Quantum Mechanics 2
Maths for Physicists 3
Structure in the Universe
Physics of Stars
Physics and Communication Skills (general Physics problems)

why?

el-half said:

because they're so useful at the non-relativistic speeds most of us live at...
:rofl:

el-half said:

relativistic physics turns into classical physics at low speeds. Its not a different form of physics, its just physics at different speeds. Both are right.

ToxicBug said:

and yah, where on Earth did you hear this?

1. What is the purpose of Physics in Medicine exams?

The purpose of Physics in Medicine exams is to test an individual's knowledge and understanding of the application of physics principles in the field of medicine. This includes topics such as medical imaging techniques, radiation therapy, and medical instrumentation.

2. Are there any specific topics that are commonly covered in Physics in Medicine exams?

Yes, there are several topics that are commonly covered in Physics in Medicine exams. These include radiation physics, nuclear medicine, medical imaging techniques such as X-rays and MRI, and radiation therapy principles.

3. What is the role of Solid State Physics in Medicine exams?

Solid State Physics is the study of the physical properties of solid materials. In the field of medicine, it is important in the development of medical devices and technologies, such as pacemakers and prosthetics. In Medicine exams, it is tested to ensure that individuals have a solid understanding of the underlying physics principles behind these medical technologies.

4. How can I prepare for Physics in Medicine and Solid State Physics exams?

To prepare for these exams, it is important to have a strong understanding of basic physics principles, as well as specific topics related to medicine and solid state physics. Some helpful study methods include reviewing lecture notes, practicing with past exam questions, and working through practice problems.

5. Are there any resources available to help me study for these exams?

Yes, there are several resources available to help you study for Physics in Medicine and Solid State Physics exams. These include textbooks, study guides, online resources, and review courses. It can also be helpful to form study groups with classmates to review material and practice together.