Avoiding Pain While Sitting: Tips for Programmers and Report Writers

• Thread starter KMCB1234
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) and whether or not sitting all day long and doing the same movement repeatedly can lead to it. The article in question is doubted for its accuracy, but one person shares their personal experience of knowing someone with RSI caused by using a mouse with the wrong hand. The conversation concludes with the acknowledgement that the article is useful to read, even though the person has not personally met anyone with RSI but knows several gay males who have.
KMCB1234
http://www.digitallivingtoday.com/netscape/yourdough/hurting/index.html

I sometimes sit all day long just to program and write reports, but I never find my self hurt at all. That article's correctness is what I am really in doubt of...How about you ? You find it useful, or ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
The key is that you sometimes sit all day long, RSI occurs when you do the same movement over and over again, aggravated by a wrong posture. I knew a girl who was always was using the mouse in her left hand, so I thought she was a lefty, turned out she had problems using her right hand/arm due to RSI and was seeing a physiotherapist for it.

I find it useful, very useful article to read, although I never meet anyone who has RSI, instead I have talked to quite a lot of gay males. Some of them are even my wife's best friends.

1. What is "Are You Hurting?"

"Are You Hurting?" is a question that is often asked in the context of mental or emotional well-being. It is a way of checking in with someone and asking if they are experiencing any pain or suffering.

2. Who typically asks "Are You Hurting?"

The question "Are You Hurting?" can be asked by anyone, but it is most commonly asked by friends, family members, or mental health professionals who are concerned about someone's well-being.

3. How should I respond if someone asks me "Are You Hurting?"

If someone asks you "Are You Hurting?", it is important to be honest and open about your feelings. If you are experiencing any pain or suffering, it is important to share that with the person asking and seek support if needed.

4. Is "Are You Hurting?" a helpful question to ask?

Yes, "Are You Hurting?" can be a helpful question to ask because it shows that someone cares about your well-being and is willing to listen and support you. It can also help identify any potential mental or emotional struggles that may need to be addressed.

5. Are there other ways to ask "Are You Hurting?"

Yes, there are many other ways to ask someone about their well-being. Some alternative questions could include "How are you feeling?", "Is everything okay?", or "Do you need to talk about anything?". The most important thing is to genuinely show concern and be open to listening and supporting the person's response.