Integral's Semi-Retirement: A New Era for PF's Physics Forum

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
In summary, Integral has retired from being the Physics Forum Mentor, but will still be a part of the forum. Zz has been appointed to take his place, and I am sure he will do a great job. However, Greg has given Zz the power to float across all forums, which may cause some problems in the future.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I have had my name as mentor of the Physics forum section since near the beginning of PF2. I find that I am watching more and participating less these days. At my request, I been replaced as the Physics Forum Mentor by ZapperZ. I am sure that he will do a excellent job there and will do every thing I can to support him.

Physics news on Phys.org
But now Greg has given you the power to float across all forums! Your powers know no boundaries now! :approve:

(you're more than welcome to float in GD with me) :!)

We can place bets on how many posts are made before each thread becomes irreversibly off topic, or how long before the OP himself derails his own thread and no longer remembers what the topic was. :biggrin:

Congrats to Zz for filling Integrals shoes.

Humm... Maybe I should sneak in and unlock Franzbear! :devil:

Well, ZapperZ is absolutely fantastic, but the main page just doesn't look right anymore! :cry:

Integral said:
AIIIIEE! No way! Oh, please no!
but if you're going on PF semi-retirement..hmmm.. I guess that means a little more free time --so I can start planning that road trip up north for the "Northern Exposure" and BBQ party? I think Ivan and Tsu are still up for it. :smile:

BBQ at Ivan and Tsu's ! You bet, I am always ready for that!

Congrats to Zz :smile:

Integral said:
Yes please!we want to hold a party for you there. o:)

Lisa! said:
Yes please!we want to hold a party for you there. o:)
heh heh ..Nice try, Lisa! :smile:

Integral said:

Noooooooo! I just got over my period of mourning and now you toy with me. No, I just don't think I could take it if he came back and had to be killed again. It's best to leave dead threads dead. You never know what they might come back as!

Enjoy your semi-retirement. :biggrin:

Have a nice life in Florida, Integral..:wink:

arildno said:
Have a nice life in Florida, Integral..:wink:
Florida = snkes nd llgtors nd humidity nd ... no thnks I will sty in the PNW

my keybord is dying first the left shiftkey now it looks like the letter before b is giving up the ghost nd posslibly the exclmtion point s well . ctully it ppers to be the entire row Oh no how cn I type pper without n or Think it is bed time.

There's no curious person around here,is there? :grumpy: this is the best opportunity to meet someone who gets back from the other world.he can clear up lots of things like what will happen to us after death... :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Noooooooo! I just got over my period of mourning and now you toy with me. No, I just don't think I could take it if he came back and had to be killed again. It's best to leave dead threads dead. You never know what they might come back as!
I'm really impressed by your love as a mother! :bugeye:

I'm sure the board will be sorry to see you go.

That's a nice way of saying "I'm sure the board will be sorry to see you spending all your time in GD from now on! :smile:

I think ZZ is definitely a suitable choice of apprentice to, urm, fill your boots with, I wonder just how much abuse he can take!

brewnog said:
I'm sure the board will be sorry to see you go.

That's a nice way of saying "I'm sure the board will be sorry to see you spending all your time in GD from now on! :smile:

I think ZZ is definitely a suitable choice of apprentice to, urm, fill your boots with, I wonder just how much abuse he can take!

Geee... according to some people, I'm the one giving out all the "abuse". :)

Integral has left VERY, VERY LARGE shoes to fill (You do know what they say about men with large shoes, don't you?... they have large feet!). I fully expect him to guide me through this every now and then, and I don't expect him to cut back on his involvement in the section of PF that carried his name for a long time.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Integral has left VERY, VERY LARGE shoes to fill (You do know what they say about men with large shoes, don't you?... they have large feet!). .

Zz.
At least he has no wish to put on Evo's shoes!so we can make sure he won't unlock Franzbear! :wink:

Lisa! said:
At least he has no wish to put on Evo's shoes!so we can make sure he won't unlock Franzbear! :wink:

I'd pay money to see Integral in Evo's high heel pumps.

Zz.

:rofl: :rofl: How much?Maybe if you pay alot,Integral and Evo accept the exchange!

From the impression I have of Evo, she is not exactly, shall we say "Amazonian". Somehow shoving one of my size 13s into her, undoubtedly, dainty little shoes, defies imagination!

ZapperZ said:
Geee... according to some people, I'm the one giving out all the "abuse". :)

Integral has left VERY, VERY LARGE shoes to fill (You do know what they say about men with large shoes, don't you?... they have large feet!). I fully expect him to guide me through this every now and then, and I don't expect him to cut back on his involvement in the section of PF that carried his name for a long time.

Zz.

I have always perfered to just say that I have a good understanding.

Hey! Wait a minute. How did you all now that I have big feet? :confused:

So does this mean Integral is a Super-Duper Mentor like Tom Mattson? :biggrin:

Integral said:
I have had my name as mentor of the Physics forum section since near the beginning of PF2. I find that I am watching more and participating less these days. At my request, I been replaced as the Physics Forum Mentor by ZapperZ. I am sure that he will do a excellent job there and will do every thing I can to support him.

I think you did a great job while you were at it. I need to thank you for that. I thank Doc Al too for that matter.

It would have been better if you had left your place for someone like Gokul or Astronuc , though

regards
marlon

Hi INTEGRAL

you were like 25 in 1975 right ? I am 25 in 2005, and i was just wondering if you could tell me how life was back then ? I mean it must have been a great movie year right ? the Godfather, Last tango in Paris...cool dressing code :)

i always hear my partents think back so fondly at that period and i am curious of your memories. the 70ties look magical to me...

regards
marlon

marlon said:
I think you did a great job while you were at it. I need to thank you for that. I thank Doc Al too for that matter.

It would have been better if you had left your place for someone like Gokul or Astronuc , though

regards
marlon
I believe that those you have mentioned are equally qualified. If in the future, Gregg feels that we need more mentors, I am sure Astronuc will be at top of list.

I'll just say that ZapperZ certainly diserves becoming a moderator on the physics forums.And it's not fair to the other members to say that he diserves this more than X or Y.

Daniel.

Evo said:
But now Greg has given you the power to float across all forums! Your powers know no boundaries now! :approve:

A cleverly orchestrated power grab! :wink:

ZapperZ said:
I'd pay money to see Integral in Evo's high heel pumps.

Zz.

I would pay if it meant that I didn't have to look.

Integral said:
undoubtedly, dainty little shoes, defies imagination!
As I recall, that didn't stop you from wearing her sun bonnet.

So I guess if you're retired, I can go back to calling you 'the old fart'.

Congrats, Zapper. Good on ya.

Danger said:
As I recall, that didn't stop you from wearing her sun bonnet.

So I guess if you're retired, I can go back to calling you 'the old fart'.

Congrats, Zapper. Good on ya.
Be kind this is sensitive time of the year for me.

Integral said:
Florida = snkes nd llgtors nd humidity nd ... no thnks I will sty in the PNW

my keybord is dying first the left shiftkey now it looks like the letter before b is giving up the ghost nd posslibly the exclmtion point s well . ctully it ppers to be the entire row Oh no how cn I type pper without n or Think it is bed time.
Oh NO! He's already starting to fade away!

Hey, now seriously folks, I think Integral deserves a huge virtual applause for his many hours donated not only to furthering science education, but also helping to make PF what it is today. He has been a great asset here at PF from nearly the beginning.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Standing ovation!

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Yeah... what he said. :approve:

I guess I'll hold off with the nickname for now. After all, I still owe you for the Vamp pix. Don't get too comfortable, though. :biggrin:

CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Alright, thanks already!... Any more of that and they will be expecting a speech!

clap.

:smile:

...This post was supposed to follow Janus'. Thank you for killing the masterful anticlimactic effect I was about to make, Integral.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is "Integral's Semi-Retirement" and why is it important?</h2><p>"Integral's Semi-Retirement" refers to the decision made by the user "Integral" to step down from their role as a moderator on the Physics Forum. This is important because "Integral" has been a highly active and influential member of the forum for many years, and their absence will have an impact on the community.</p><h2>2. How will "Integral's Semi-Retirement" affect the Physics Forum?</h2><p>The impact of "Integral's Semi-Retirement" on the Physics Forum is yet to be determined. However, it is likely that the absence of such a prominent member and moderator will lead to changes in the dynamics and discussions within the forum.</p><h2>3. What led to "Integral's Semi-Retirement"?</h2><p>The decision for "Integral's Semi-Retirement" was made by the user themselves, and the specific reasons behind it are unknown. However, it is likely that personal reasons and/or a desire to focus on other aspects of their life played a role.</p><h2>4. Will there be a replacement for "Integral" as a moderator on the Physics Forum?</h2><p>At this time, there is no information on whether or not a replacement will be chosen for "Integral" as a moderator on the Physics Forum. This decision is ultimately up to the forum's administrators.</p><h2>5. How can the community show their appreciation for "Integral" and their contributions to the Physics Forum?</h2><p>There are a few ways that the community can show their appreciation for "Integral" and their contributions to the Physics Forum. This can include thanking them for their contributions, sharing memories or favorite discussions they were a part of, and continuing to engage in respectful and productive discussions on the forum.</p>

1. What is "Integral's Semi-Retirement" and why is it important?

"Integral's Semi-Retirement" refers to the decision made by the user "Integral" to step down from their role as a moderator on the Physics Forum. This is important because "Integral" has been a highly active and influential member of the forum for many years, and their absence will have an impact on the community.

2. How will "Integral's Semi-Retirement" affect the Physics Forum?

The impact of "Integral's Semi-Retirement" on the Physics Forum is yet to be determined. However, it is likely that the absence of such a prominent member and moderator will lead to changes in the dynamics and discussions within the forum.

3. What led to "Integral's Semi-Retirement"?

The decision for "Integral's Semi-Retirement" was made by the user themselves, and the specific reasons behind it are unknown. However, it is likely that personal reasons and/or a desire to focus on other aspects of their life played a role.

4. Will there be a replacement for "Integral" as a moderator on the Physics Forum?

At this time, there is no information on whether or not a replacement will be chosen for "Integral" as a moderator on the Physics Forum. This decision is ultimately up to the forum's administrators.

5. How can the community show their appreciation for "Integral" and their contributions to the Physics Forum?

There are a few ways that the community can show their appreciation for "Integral" and their contributions to the Physics Forum. This can include thanking them for their contributions, sharing memories or favorite discussions they were a part of, and continuing to engage in respectful and productive discussions on the forum.