Mathematica there is a possibility to twist and turn 3D graphs

This will allow you to manually set the viewpoint by typing in coordinates. However, there is also a '3D viewpoint selector' under the 'input' menu that allows you to easily twist and turn the graph. Unfortunately, it seems like there is no way to transfer that directly to the plot without re-evaluating the expressions, which can be inconvenient.
TSN79
Can anybody tell me if in Mathematica there is a possibility to twist and turn 3D graphs like you can in Maple? I've only found a way to type in coordinates to turn it and that's really unconvenient...

Physics news on Phys.org
There is the '3D viewpoint selector' under the 'input' menu.

I know that, and there I can turn the thing around like I want, but how do I transfer that to my plot?

... got you :smile: ... it really is inconvenient. Haven't seen anything in the gui which would do it realtime without re-evaluating the expressions :confused:

TSN79 said:
Can anybody tell me if in Mathematica there is a possibility to twist and turn 3D graphs like you can in Maple? I've only found a way to type in coordinates to turn it and that's really unconvenient...
The only way I know how is to use the "ViewPoint -> {x,y,z}" option in the Plot or Show statement.

1. Can Mathematica create 3D graphs that can be rotated and viewed from different angles?

Yes, Mathematica has powerful tools for creating and manipulating 3D graphs. These graphs can be rotated and viewed from any angle using the Manipulate function.

2. Is it possible to add labels and annotations to 3D graphs in Mathematica?

Yes, Mathematica allows for the addition of labels, legends, and annotations to 3D graphs. These can be customized and positioned as desired using the PlotLabel and Epilog options.

3. Can I export 3D graphs created in Mathematica to other formats?

Yes, Mathematica allows for the export of 3D graphs to various formats such as PDF, PNG, and VRML. This can be done using the Export function.

4. Are there any built-in functions in Mathematica for creating specific types of 3D graphs?

Yes, Mathematica has a wide range of built-in functions for creating various types of 3D graphs, including surface plots, bar graphs, and scatter plots. These can be accessed through the Plot3D and ListPlot3D functions.

5. Can Mathematica create 3D graphs from large datasets?

Yes, Mathematica has efficient algorithms for handling large datasets and creating 3D graphs from them. It also has options for optimizing the graph for performance, such as using ListDensityPlot3D instead of Plot3D for large datasets.