Machine vision/computer vision/Image processing forums ?

In summary, there are several forums that discuss issues related to digital image processing, including the OpenCV forum, the news group "sce.image.processing", and the dsprelated forum. These forums can provide helpful information and resources for those studying computer science and image processing. Additionally, there are forums specifically for discussing MATLAB coding.
orochimaru
anyone know of any forums discussing abt above issues?

Technology news on Phys.org
buh-ump

I would like to know. All I know about are the dsprelated forums

Yes,there are dsp related forums.
I found the OpenCV forum ( in Yahoo groups) is a forum that you can talk on computer vision.
Also, there is a news group " sce.image.processing".

If you find more, please let me know, thanks. because I'm a students in computer science and image Processing.

Hi Dears.
Can anyone help me?
I need to know about raster and vector data structures and their application in digital image processing.
Can anyone give me some references about this?
Thanks a lot.

Aslma alikum forum walo..
mujhey MATLAB coding main help chaiey,koi mujhey guide kar day please, main kis section mai jaon help k liey:biggrin:

1. What is machine vision/computer vision/image processing?

Machine vision, also known as computer vision, is a field of study that involves using cameras and computers to capture, process, and analyze images in order to make decisions or perform tasks. Image processing is a subset of this field, focusing on the manipulation and enhancement of images through algorithms and software.

2. How is machine vision used in different industries?

Machine vision has a wide range of applications in industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, and security. It can be used for quality control, object detection and recognition, medical imaging, self-driving cars, and surveillance, among others.

3. What are the main challenges in machine vision/computer vision/image processing?

Some of the main challenges in this field include dealing with noisy and complex images, ensuring accuracy and reliability of results, and developing algorithms that can handle varying lighting and environmental conditions. Additionally, there are ethical considerations surrounding the use of machine vision, such as privacy concerns.

4. What are some popular software/tools used in machine vision/computer vision/image processing?

Some popular software and tools used in this field include OpenCV, MATLAB, Python, TensorFlow, and Caffe. These tools provide a variety of image processing and machine learning algorithms and libraries, making it easier for researchers and developers to implement their ideas and projects.

5. What are some current trends in machine vision/computer vision/image processing?

Some current trends in this field include the use of deep learning techniques for image analysis, the integration of machine vision with other emerging technologies such as augmented reality and virtual reality, and the development of smaller and more affordable sensors and cameras for image capture. There is also a growing interest in using machine vision for tasks such as facial recognition, emotion detection, and gesture recognition.