No One Is Responding To My Posts

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the frustration of not receiving responses to posts on a forum. The original poster believes it is a conspiracy involving two users, penwuino and townsend, who are the only ones responding. There is also mention of fascism and a debate about the differences between fascism and libertarianism. The conversation also touches on the melting temperature of skin and personal experiences with burns.
Smurf
No One Is Responding To My Posts!

It's a conspiracy! Only penwuino and townsend have been responding to me for ages. I can't take it any more! I NEED LESS FASCIST PEOPLE TO TALK TO!

(Oh! I see, at first I thought those 2 had just been left out - but you're in on it too arn't yoU! You'Re tryIng to drive me Insane! Arn'T You?! That's the whole. thing isn''t it! You're drivng me Insan with these Rightist Fascists Arn't YoU?!??/1/1/1??!}

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought I replied to your post earlier O.O

Shall I respond too? Bwa ha ha ha ha!

Come on bud, you know I respond to you :smile:

Smurf said:
It's a conspiracy! Only penwuino and townsend have been responding to me for ages. I can't take it any more!

You can tell a lot about a person from the kind of people they talk to the most...hummmm...

I some how feel obligated to respond to this.

Smurf said:
It's a conspiracy! Only penwuino and townsend have been responding to me for ages. I can't take it any more! I NEED LESS FASCIST PEOPLE TO TALK TO!

(Oh! I see, at first I thought those 2 had just been left out - but you're in on it too arn't yoU! You'Re tryIng to drive me Insane! Arn'T You?! That's the whole. thing isn''t it! You're drivng me Insan with these Rightist Fascists Arn't YoU?!??/1/1/1??!}

How can you call the openly libertarian Townsend a fascist?

loseyourname said:
How can you call the openly libertarian Townsend a fascist?
They're both the same to me.

how about me?

Smurf said:
They're both the same to me.

They're virtual opposites by definition.

Smurfy, have yourself a nice cuppa tea, go take a nap... you'll feel better when you wake up. There there.

Hey smurf watsup?

Yoo dude!
'sup!

Smurf isn't responding to our posts...he turned the tables...and we never even noticed.

yeah...
get smurf now! :mad:

loseyourname said:
They're virtual opposites by definition.
Pfft, nonsese. They both reside on the same basic assumptions of social structure and corporatism. Especially neo-libertarians. They're worse than Mussolini.
pattylou said:
Smurfy, have yourself a nice cuppa tea, go take a nap... you'll feel better when you wake up. There there.
Awwww, thanks babe. You were always my favorite. :tongue2:
rocketboy said:
Smurf isn't responding to our posts...he turned the tables...and we never even noticed.
I was taking patty's advice and napping with some tea. :biggrin:

cefarix said:
how about me?
I don't know... what about you?

Smurf said:
Pfft, nonsese. They both reside on the same basic assumptions of social structure and corporatism. Especially neo-libertarians. They're worse than Mussolini.

What the heck are you talking about? What the heck does fascism have to do with private ownership of the factors of production? Since when do fascist want liberty for everyone? I think you've finally lost it...

From your favorite source...
Fascism was typified by attempts to impose state control over all aspects of life. The definitional debates and arguments by academics over the nature of fascism, however, fill entire bookshelves. There are clearly elements of both left and right ideology in the development of Fascism.

Modern colloquial usage of the word has extended the definition of the terms fascism and neofascism to refer to any totalitarian worldview regardless of its political ideology, although scholars frown on this. Sometimes the word "fascist" is used as a hyperbolic political epithet.

Wiki defines fascism as follows:
The term fascism has come to mean any system of government resembling Mussolini's, that in various combinations:

* exalts the nation and party above the individual, with the state apparatus being supreme.
* stresses loyalty to a single leader, and submission to a single culture.
* engages in economic totalitarianism through the creation of a Corporatist State, where the divergent economic and social interests of different races and classes are combined with the interests of the State.

So a typical fascist state wants government owned and operated factors of production and liberties limited by what the state will allow.

Now do us a favor and read about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibertarianisM [Broken]. Then you tell me precisely how a Libertarian is anything like fascism. As far as I can tell they are diametrically opposed to facist...in fact they are exactly the opposite in every possible way...

[edit] If this is just your way to getting to me for not giving you commentary then you’re one sick puppy![/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
I NEED LESS FASCIST PEOPLE TO TALK TO!

And I need fewer hand puppets to talk to, but I can't stop, they're just so darn lovable...

Did you post anything about snakes, spiders or scorpions?

I like snakes and most spiders. I'll handle them as necessary. I am not to keen about scorpions, but will handle them as well.

As for you single post thread on melting temperature of skin - I can give you first hand information based on personal experience - skin melts at about 100°C, and surely by 150°C. If one checks on protein melting point, one will find proteins begin to unravel at about 70°C. The fat in the skin melts (or softens) certainly by that temperature, or somewhat lower.

I had the experience of once backing into a uninsulated 'hot' steam pipe while I was not wearing a shirt - it was hot in the service tunnel. I quickly jumped away after feeling a searing pain on my shoulder, and turned to see a layer of my skin shrivel on the pipe.

I did the same thing another time while climbing off a heat exchanger. I carelessly set my forearm down on a 'hot' pipe (I didn't know it was still active), whereupon I quickly removed my arm, and observed a patch of skin shriveling up on the pipe.

Hurt like ****, but those were minor burns as far as I was concerned. I've had worse. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Astronuc said:
As for you single post thread on melting temperature of skin - I can give you first hand information based on personal experience - skin melts at about 100°C, and surely by 150°C. If one checks on protein melting point, one will find proteins begin to unravel at about 70°C. The fat in the skin melts (or softens) at certainly by that temperature, or somewhat lower.
:!) Awsome! Evil Evo locked the thread before anyone could respond. :biggrin:

Townsend said:
What the heck are you talking about? What the heck does fascism have to do with private ownership of the factors of production? Since when do fascist want liberty for everyone? I think you've finally lost it...

From your favorite source...

Wiki defines fascism as follows:

So a typical fascist state wants government owned and operated factors of production and liberties limited by what the state will allow.

Now do us a favor and read about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibertarianisM [Broken]. Then you tell me precisely how a Libertarian is anything like fascism. As far as I can tell they are diametrically opposed to facist...in fact they are exactly the opposite in every possible way...

[edit] If this is just your way to getting to me for not giving you commentary then you’re one sick puppy![/edit]
Sorry, I meant Liberalism, especially those damn Neoliberals. Which these days is just another word for the current conservatives. (and yes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
(and yes)

sour grapes... :grumpy:

Townsend said:
sour grapes... :grumpy:
Get to it then!

Smurf said:
:!) Awsome! Evil Evo locked the thread before anyone could respond. :biggrin:
Well it was a disturbing title, even for GD. Best to bury a question like that in a thread like this. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Well it was a disturbing title, even for GD. Best to bury a question like that in a thread like this. :biggrin:
Ah, I see. Came on too strong. Won't make that mistake again.

Gee, there's a lot of replies in a thread started by someone claiming nobody replies to him! :biggrin: If you ever feel ignored, just reply to the thread-killer thread. I'm sure someone will post a response. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Gee, there's a lot of replies in a thread started by someone claiming nobody replies to him! :biggrin: If you ever feel ignored, just reply to the thread-killer thread. I'm sure someone will post a response. :rofl:
Yeah but most of them are liberal fascists.

1. Why is no one responding to my posts?

There could be several reasons why you are not receiving responses to your posts. It could be due to lack of engagement or interest from your audience, posting at the wrong time or on a platform that is not popular among your target audience, or poor quality content.

2. What can I do to increase engagement on my posts?

One way to increase engagement is by creating high-quality and relevant content. You can also try engaging with your audience by asking questions, responding to comments, and participating in discussions within your niche. Additionally, consider using hashtags and promoting your posts through other channels to reach a wider audience.

3. Is it normal to not receive responses to all of my posts?

Yes, it is normal to not receive responses to all of your posts. Not every post will resonate with your audience, and that is okay. Focus on creating quality content and engaging with your audience, and the responses will come.

4. Should I delete posts that are not receiving responses?

It is not necessary to delete posts that are not receiving responses. Instead, try to analyze why the post did not perform well and use that information to improve your future posts. Deleting posts can also disrupt the flow of your content and make your page look inconsistent.

5. How long should I wait before expecting responses to my posts?

The response time for posts can vary depending on your audience and the platform you are using. It is best to give it at least 24 hours before expecting responses. If you are consistently not receiving responses, it may be a sign that you need to re-evaluate your content or engagement strategies.