Causes of aging in human beings

• Medical
  • Thread starter shivakumar06
  • Start date
  • Tags
    aging Human
In summary: Epigenetic therapies are still in their infancy, but they hold great potential for reversing or preventing the aging process.
shivakumar06
what are the various causes of aging?

Biology news on Phys.org
Related to: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=651957

But the question is too general what do you mean by "cause" and what do you mean by "aging"? Literally - aging as "caused" by growing old... passage of time and all that. I suspect this is not what you mean.

i mean is self suggestion because of what has been seen happening around one of the cause of death.

The plural of spouse is "spice" ;)

i mean is self suggestion
Man doth not yield himself to the angels, nor unto death utterly, save only through the weakness of his feeble will.
– Joseph Glanvill, quoted by E A Poe in Ligea

Perhaps one wills oneself aged?

...because of what has been seen happening around one of the cause of death.
Generally the cause of ones death has happened around one - yes.

phinds said:
spouses
... and children.

Simon Bridge said:
The plural of spouse is "spice" ;)

Yeah, but that gives them too much credit :smile:

I don't know - I'd buy the female spouce as a force of Nature ... but they do tend to be so very expensive...

@shivakumar06: i think you need to go back to the drawing board on this question.

Thanks to all that attempted to keep the thread under control. The member is now gone and all off topic/misinformation posts have been deleted to set the thread back on track. Unfortuantely all of the good posts went with it.

Evo said:
Thanks to all that attempted to keep the thread under control. The member is now gone and all off topic/misinformation posts have been deleted to set the thread back on track. Unfortuantely all of the good posts went with it.

Wait ... you mean my blaming it on spouses wasn't a good post?

phinds said:
Wait ... you mean my blaming it on spouses wasn't a good post?
Lol, just the good posts that came after Ironman.

So referencing the telomeres article from wikipedia was a bad post?

jedishrfu said:
So referencing the telomeres article from wikipedia was a bad post?
It's old information. But it got deleted in error.

I guess spouses are an environmental factor, right?

So - interleaving Phinds humor and not so funny Science:

Epigenetics deals with genetic changes resulting from environmental changes to somatic (non-sex cell) DNA. Epigenetic aging studies are underway, here is one about tumorigenesis and epigenetics:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168952507001862

jim mcnamara said:
I guess spouses are an environmental factor, right?

So - interleaving Phinds humor and not so funny Science:

Epigenetics deals with genetic changes resulting from environmental changes to somatic (non-sex cell) DNA. Epigenetic aging studies are underway, here is one about tumorigenesis and epigenetics:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168952507001862
I'm glad you brought this up. This was a great program.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/epigenetic-therapy.html

What are the main factors that contribute to aging in human beings?

The main factors that contribute to aging in human beings include genetics, lifestyle choices, environmental factors, and cellular damage.

How does genetics play a role in the aging process?

Genetics can influence the rate at which we age by affecting the production and repair of cells and tissues in the body. Certain genetic mutations or variations can increase the risk of age-related diseases, such as Alzheimer's and heart disease.

What lifestyle choices can accelerate the aging process?

Poor lifestyle choices, such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy diet can accelerate the aging process. These habits can lead to cellular damage, inflammation, and chronic diseases that contribute to aging.

How do environmental factors impact aging?

Exposure to environmental factors, such as pollution, UV radiation, and toxins, can cause oxidative stress and damage to cells and tissues. This can lead to premature aging and increase the risk of age-related diseases.

What role does cellular damage play in aging?

Over time, cells accumulate damage from normal metabolic processes, environmental factors, and lifestyle choices. This damage can lead to cellular dysfunction, decreased tissue function, and contribute to the aging process.