Need electronics example problems

In summary, these books have a lot of electronics examples that can be helpful for using the concepts learned in class.
leroyjenkens
Anyone know of any websites or books that have lots of electronics example problems? I'm in an Electronics for Scientists class and the book has zero examples it goes through to show you how to apply the stuff it tells you about in the chapters. The teacher doesn't go through any examples similar to questions we'll see on homework or tests, he just gives us formulas and expects us to know how to apply them to each situation we're given. So it would help if I could have example problems to look at that would show me how to use each of these electronics ideas.

I would have put this thread in "math and science learning materials" but for some reason I can't create new threads in that forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
You are extremely vague. You should elaborate on "electronics examples".

leroyjenkens said:
I would have put this thread in "math and science learning materials" but for some reason I can't create new threads in that forum.

That's because those forums are not for requesting learning materials. They're for links to such materials, or the actual materials themselves.

sandy.bridge said:
You are extremely vague. You should elaborate on "electronics examples".

Yes. I think that it also might be helpful to specify the text that is being used for the course.

Yeah I guess that is vague. But the book we have is "Basic Electronics: An introduction to electronics for science students".

The class is all about circuits. So it extends from the very basic stuff we learned in Physics 2 about circuits, such as Kirchoff's laws and stuff.
jtbell said:
That's because those forums are not for requesting learning materials. They're for links to such materials, or the actual materials themselves.

Oh ok, I was just about to post the thread and found that forum and was happy I was going to post a thread in the right forum for once, and then I wasn't able to.

Schaum's Outlines of Electric Circuits
Schaum's Outlines of Electronic Devices and Circuits

All the examples you need.

Thank you very much.

1. What are some basic electronic components?

Some basic electronic components include resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors. These components are used to control the flow of electricity in a circuit.

2. Can you give an example of a simple electronic circuit?

A simple electronic circuit can be a flashlight. It consists of a battery as the power source, a switch to turn the light on and off, and a light bulb as the load. When the switch is closed, the circuit is complete and the bulb lights up.

3. How do you calculate voltage, current, and resistance in a circuit?

According to Ohm's Law, voltage (V) is equal to current (I) multiplied by resistance (R), or V=IR. This means that to calculate voltage, you need to know the current and resistance values in a circuit. Similarly, to calculate current, you need to know the voltage and resistance values, and to calculate resistance, you need to know the voltage and current values.

4. What is the difference between DC and AC circuits?

DC (Direct Current) circuits have a continuous flow of current in one direction, while AC (Alternating Current) circuits have a continuously changing current direction. DC circuits are commonly used in batteries and electronic devices, while AC circuits are used in power distribution systems.

5. How do you troubleshoot common electronic problems?

Some common electronic problems include short circuits, open circuits, and faulty components. To troubleshoot these problems, you can use a multimeter to measure voltage, current, and resistance at different points in the circuit. You can also visually inspect the circuit for any damaged components or loose connections. Other troubleshooting techniques include using circuit diagrams and following the flow of electricity in the circuit.