Metallica and Barney in harmony

• Thread starter Dissident Dan
  • Start date
In summary, Metallica's and Barney's music have been used as a form of torture on POWs. While Metallica is a beloved band, their music has been used to inflict pain on prisoners who have never heard it before. This is due to the intense and uncomfortable sensation caused by hearing for the first time through implants. Despite this, Metallica's music may gain popularity in Iraq as a result. On the other hand, Barney's music is commonly considered annoying and can be seen as a form of torture in itself.
Dissident Dan
Metallica's and Barney's music were both used to get POWs to talk:

http://shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=30368&rubrik1=Politics&rubrik2=World%20Politics&rubrik3=Middle%20East&sort=1&sparte=4

Physics news on Phys.org
Metallica is by far my favorite band. In fact, I'm seeing them in concert this summer for the first time.

The fact that the Iraqis haven't heard it is why it's so painfull. I have done research into the descriptive experiences of patients who have, either their whole life or for a long time, had nearly full or full loss of hearing.

When implants are used to allow them to "hear". The experience is extremely unliked. It is painful. Remember that "hearing" merely begins with the vibrations of hairs within the ear, and of course the "beating" of the ear drum.

Hearing is not so different from feeling, speaking outside of the nervous system of course.

A sensation never felt before, especially when it breaches some unexperienced limit, can be painfully uncomfortable.

Eventually the patients get used to "hearing", and after about 2 years they experience it much like ourselves.

Thus, I wonder if the Metallica audience in Iraq will grow because of this? Heh, probably not.

Too bad -- their loss.

Enter, Sandman is one of my favorite songs, ESPECIALLY the S&M concert recording (with the SF Symphony). Anyone who hasn't listened to that version should check it out -- even if you think you don't like heavy metal.

(Barney, on the other hand, can drive anyone crazy.)

Last edited:
i don't see how metalica's music can be used as torture its wonderfull. barney's music i can understand as torture though. :wink: :smile: :frown: [?]

What is the connection between Metallica and Barney?

Metallica and Barney are two very different entities, making their connection quite unexpected. Metallica is a heavy metal band known for their loud and aggressive music, while Barney is a beloved children's television character known for his cheerful and friendly demeanor. However, the two have been brought together through a viral video mashup of Metallica's song "Enter Sandman" and Barney's theme song, creating a surprisingly harmonious and humorous result.

Who created the Metallica and Barney mashup?

The mashup was created by musician and YouTube content creator Andy Rehfeldt. He is known for his clever and humorous mashups of popular songs with different genres, such as turning heavy metal songs into smooth jazz versions.

When was the Metallica and Barney mashup first released?

The mashup was first released on YouTube in 2011 and quickly gained popularity, garnering millions of views and reactions from fans of both Metallica and Barney.

What is the reaction of Metallica to the mashup?

Metallica has not officially commented on the mashup, but many fans have shared their amusement and appreciation for the unexpected combination. Some have even joked that the mashup is the perfect representation of the phrase "opposites attract."

Is the Metallica and Barney mashup considered an official collaboration?

No, the mashup is not an official collaboration between Metallica and Barney. It was created solely for entertainment purposes and does not involve any direct involvement or endorsement from either party.